cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Deploying Custom Transformation Provider to Remote System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have successfully created a custom XML Transformation Provider/transformer and deployed it to my local development system and to a remote sandbox system. We are using NWDI and the transformation provider is within the context of a DC. However, I am deploying to both my local dev and the remote sandbox systems using the u201CQuick PAR Uploadu201D in NWDS.

After deploying the same PAR to both my local portal and the remote sandbox systems I can see the new service is deployed in both portals (System Administation -> Support -> Runtime -> etc..). I can also see the service registered successfully in the portal registryu2014again, in both systems.

Everything works fine on my local dev when I run code to retrieve and apply the custom transformer to source XML. The new transformer is also available when creating an XML iView. However, I cannot retrieve or use the new transformer (u201Cno such transformeru201D errors) using the same code on the remote sandbox system. Also, the new transformer is not available when using the XML iView wizard.

It seems the custom transformation provider is deploying successfully on the remote system, but the transformer is not.

Both systems are ostensibly identical, NW 7.0 EP SPS14. The credentials Iu2019m using when performing the Quick PAR Upload have Administrator/Super Admin Role privileges. (I even tried uploading the PAR directly into the portal using the Admin Console to see if that made a differenceu2026it did not).

Any ideas why a transformer would not be available after a custom transformation provider deploys without any apparent errors to the remote system?

Thanks for your time!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I presume this issue is not that common.

Any ideas on where to look (logs) for results after a PAR is deployed to the server? I do not see any errors in the defaultTrace related to the deployment and I've looked through other logs, too. In any case, the "custom" transformation provider service appears in the portal, but I still don't see the tranformer itself.

Thanks again,

Dave