cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help to resolve Unable to connect to XL reporter user authentication

Laura_Nest
Participant
0 Kudos

I upgraded business one 2007 from PL 11 to PL42 on SQL Server 2000. I have 7 companies and only one of them has a problem loading XL reporter. I first get a sql script executor - execution result screen with what looks like errors in a script that has lines taht refer to OADM. then it gives a message when I X out of it'

'Unable to connect to XL reporter

Error! User authentication failed!

Cause: ExitCode -1'

then I get the sql script executor again, X out, and then it asks to start with out the add-on.

What is weird is that the SQL script message will come up after a while once I turn on the laptop

and am doing other things, but have not gone into Business One yet.

Any ideas as I am stumped.

thanks,

laura nesteriak

Edited by: Laura Nesteriak on Oct 2, 2008 8:28 PM

Edited by: Laura Nesteriak on Oct 9, 2008 9:57 PM

support helped me resolve. the table xrdbv had a incorrect value in the PartnerDBV field. We updated the field and XL reporter then worked.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this SAP Note: 847981 Unable to connect to XLR after installation

[https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/smb_searchnotes/display.htm?note_langu=E&note_numm=847981]

Laura_Nest
Participant
0 Kudos

Edited by: Laura Nesteriak on Oct 9, 2008 9:57 PM

support helped me resolve. the table xrdbv had a incorrect value in the PartnerDBV field. We updated the field by checking a working db for the correct value

and XL reporter then worked.

Edited by: Laura Nesteriak on Oct 9, 2008 10:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi laura,

i'm facing same problem. so i checked the table you mentioned. but the table is empty here. pl. let me know what entries it should have.

thanks & regards,

kaps.

Laura_Nest
Participant
0 Kudos

my issue was that the partnerdbv was a different version than the B-one software. I have values in dobjver (1.8), parver(22.02), partner (SBOOEM) , and partnerdbv (see below) . the others are NULL.

the values are version specific to the version of Business One and my partnerdbv was 800176 when my buiness one version was 800177. Once we changed parnerdbv to 800177, it worked. I didn't change it-support did with a webex session. good luck.