cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Heuristic Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We run Product Heuristics for the finished product and it drops dependent requirements for the HALB for which we run Location Heuristics to generate Planned orders.We run heuristics during weekend. we observed that heuristics did not generate any Planned orders for HALB and the job status is in complete. Can anyone guide me in solving the problem

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check your requirement strategy and pegging type in material master .

and select Dependent requirement as Possible indiv. cust. requirement on Demand tab in Product master .

Also check wheather in PPM you have mentioned the right input and output component and PPM status is active.

Manish

Edited by: Manish Kumar Rathi on Oct 2, 2008 2:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks for the reply. We maintained Requirement strategy as 20 in APO and we did select the radio option in Demands tab. Also PPM is correct.

Hi Sai,

We maintained Lot-for-Lot and also SNP Production Horizon

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

please check if you running Net Change Planning after PPDS run, if that is the case please check if the PPDS job is completed successfully. If completed successfully just check the spool file for both FERT and HALB products in the PPDS and SNP run respectively

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

I checked the spool list and I found the HALB material but not the FERT product. As Manish suggested I see dependent requirements in RRP3

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

there you go..the culprit is the FERT not the HALB. Though you see the dependent requirements, system does not plan if PPDS does not plan as PPDS run drops requirements at HALB. Please check the PP logs at /sapapo/rrpeval and also check the procurement type for FERT

Edited by: sai balakavi on Oct 2, 2008 9:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

The log says PPM not available and the procurement type is 'X'. I checked the PPM..it says PPM does not exist.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

please check if Tlane is maintained. Since the procurement type is X it should create Preqs atleast. Also please check Quota arreangements if you have mainatined .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai/Manish,

Thanks for the help. Quota ratio is not maintained.

Thanks,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

please check the procurement type for the product it should be "E" and also check if SNP PPM exist for that product

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Thanks for the reply. Yes the procurement type is "E" and we do have active PPM. Any other thoughts?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

also please check if SNP Production horizon is maintained in SNP2 tab of Product Master and check if the lot size is lot for lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

In tcode : SNP01

please select check box :take into account all BOM components in planning run indicator.

Also i am not sure about your scenario which heuristic is correct.

Network (Heuristic)

Location (Heuristic)

If you select Network (Heuristic), the system plans the specified

products in all locations of the supply chain model where these

products are assigned.

If you select Location (Heuristic), the system plans the specified

products in the specified locations. This allows you to select part

of the model to be planned, for example.

Manish

Edited by: Manish Kumar Rathi on Oct 2, 2008 2:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

We are running Location Heuristics and we already checked in that option

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check in RRP3 on the pegging overview tab and see for this dependent required any receipt is created ?

Also try ro run the Heuristic ( SNP01) for the entire planning horizon .

Manish