cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Securing Input Templates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a question about securing the Input Templates in 'Company' folder.

Right now, all the users have access to all the templates in 'Company' folder using menu path eSubmit > Open Schedule Library

We need to restrict access to couple of reports to a single team.

I can create a folder inside 'Company' but can't restrict access to that folder.

Is there any other way to accomplish this requirement.

Is it possible to create another folder say 'Sec_Folder' similar to 'Company' and restrict access to that folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Prabhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To add to the above question, every team has its own folder in Open Schedule Library under 'Company'

for eg, team 'SUP_USER' has a folder 'SUP_USER' under 'COMPANY' which is accessible only to that team members.

If i can move the templates from 'Company' folder to 'Sup_User' folder, my requirement should be satisfied.

I tried to save the template using eTools > Save Dynamic Templates

This didnt work as i dont find SUP_USER folder. All i have is 'Company' and 'Local'

I've even tried to copy paste the templates from 'Company' to 'Sup_User' from both eSubmit and eTools. This gives an error message 'Unauthorized user in Team Folder'.

Let me know if there is any possibility of doing this from BPC for Excel or if it needs to be done on the BPC server.

- Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabu,

To save to team folder, user should be member of the team and only that team members can access the team folder.If you are member of team SUP_USER , then you should be seeing this when you go for save dyanamic templates. I am able to view and save to my team folder.

kranthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kranthi,

Thanks for the response.

We were able to save templates directly to the team files on the server.

Users are able to access the templates, however they are not able to save templates into team file.

eTools > Save Dyn templates only lists Local and Company but not the team file.

Has this got to do with any domain security issue or BPC permission?

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you're using BPC 5.1, there's a new task called "ManageTemplate" under the AnalysisCollection interface grouping. This allows regular end users (even those who are not team leaders) to save to their team folders.

I believe that you still need to be an admin to save to the company folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, all of this folder access security is administered 100% by BPC. It is NOT maintained directly on the server folders by an admin assigning read or read/write access for the domain user IDs. BPC takes care of this.

So regarding domain security, if the user can log into BPC for Excel, then you can be 99.95% certain that the domain security is working properly. The problem is almost definitely in your BPC task profile setup.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

Have you designated these users also as team leaders? The team leaders have write access to team folder. In the BPC admin console through: security / teams / "specific team" - 2nd step user -rightpane you can thick the team leaders in the team.

Hopefully this helps.

Said