Material master replication
I'm trying to figure out the best way to automate material master replication from R/3 to SRM.
As I understand it:
- an initial load can be done by defining filter criteria in R3AC1, then replicating using R3AS.
- changes in R/3 to 'already replicated' materials will flow to SRM automatically (eg. material description change). but 'new' materials will not flow automatically (is this normal??)
- new materials must therefore be loaded using a 'request' in R3AR2 (then replicated using R3AR4). This 'request' criteria must also match the 'R3AC1' (initial load) criteria.
The problem is, we have new material codes created in backend R/3 on a daily basis, and would like these new codes to replicate to SRM automatically.
One idea is to have a 'request' setup for all codes created 'on or after <date>' by defining the following criteria:
- in R3AC1 (initial load filter) - define wide criteria:
MARA - ERSDA - Inclusive defined set/array - greater or equal than - 20080930
- in R3AR2 ('request' filter) - define narrower criteria:
MARA - MTART - Equality - UNBW
MARA - MATKL - Equality - FIN PROD
MARA - ERSDA - Inclusive defined set/array - greater or equal than - <TODAY>
- schedule R3AR4 to run twice daily based on the 'request' criteria in R3AR2
**is it possible to somehow define 'today' as a dynamic value in R3AR2? Otherwise someone must manually change the filter every day/few days to avoid the R3AR4 re-replicating materials unnecessarily.
Also, do you have any other suggestions for automatic material master replication from R/3 to SRM for newly created material codes?
Thanks and best regards,