cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Create an Input Enabled Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks in advance for your help, and sorry for the seemingly simple question, but I am new to integrated planning.

I am trying to provide a simple method for the end users to update planning data in a cube. From what I read I should be able to do this with a real time cube and an input enabled query.

I have created the real time cube with my desired characteristics and key figures. I have loaded base data to it and change it to be input ready.

Now I need to create my input ready query. I cannot seem to figure out how to do this. From BEx Analyzer the options for enabling input and change mode at query start are greyed out.

Can someone enlighten me on what I am missing or suggest some reading on how to do this?

Regards

KB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Figured it out. Was a matter of selecting the correct type of planning mode for the KF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I got over this hurdle. Turning a KF on for input enable the selection to have the query open in change mode. However, when I do this and run the query in WeBEx the query line style changes to all blue and does not allow input.

I have all my Characteristics from the cube included in the aggregation and have included them all in the query as well (in the same order).

Any thoughts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pedro, you are my new hero.

This worked mostly. I can now create the query and enable the update option on the key figure.

Can you help further and tell me why the option for opening the query in change mode is still greyed out?

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot build your input-enabled query directly on the Transactional Infocube. You need to use a Planning Level.

Go to transaction RSPLAN and enter the Planning Modeler. There you can create a planning level based on your transactional infocube. You can select the relevant characteristics or use all if needed. Then you can create a query, using query-designer and selecting the level as Infoprovider. There you can make it input-enabled.