Did you mean: 

LOAD_VERSION_LIST while running SGEN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am getting following errors when I run SGEN after ABAP Support Packages:

Load_Version_lost

ShrtText

The version of program "SAPSHDTV" in the database has the wrong format.

What happened?

The current ABAP program had to be terminated because the

ABAP processor detected an internal system error.

The current ABAP program "SAPLSCNT" had to be terminated because the ABAP processor discovered an invalid system state.

I am getting this error when I refresh the SGEN screen.

Any ideas?

Regards

Chandu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Chandu

I don't think you upgraded your Kernel Level.Check the SAP OSS notes numbers - 354272 & 672268. It will solve your problem.

The solution is from the Note 672268. Check it for more details.

<i>Different kernel levels on different application servers

Make sure that you are using the same kernel patch level on all application servers.

If you have run your system with mixed kernels for a long time, and if these kernel levels contained different sub-versions, generate all existing loads again using SGEN (generate a large number of programs only if no users are logged on).

For R/3 Release 4.5B or lower, you can use Transaction SAMT or the ZRSGESUB report to generate a large number of programs (see Note 162991.)

2. Standard scenario

If all application servers have the same kernel patch level, but LOAD_VERSION_LOST dumps still occur frequently, the best solution is to send a message to the users asking them to restart the transaction (for example: /nva01).

This loads the new load version, and the user can continue to work as normal.

!! You should refrain from generating unchanged programs explicitly. !!

If you use tools to generate certain program packages in advance after importing transports or Support Packages, use Transaction SGEN with the following variant:

Regenerate Existing Loads

Only Generate Objects with Invalidated Load

This prevents the runtime error LOAD_VERSION_LOST occurring for unchanged programs.

If runtime error LOAD_VERSION_LOST occurs again and again over a longer period of time, update all loads on the database to the latest sub-version at an appropriate time by generating a large number of programs (SGEN ).

All users should log off before you do this. You then generate all existing loads using Transaction SGEN.

To speed up the process, choose to generate on all servers (note: if you are using different hardware in your system, you must generate the loads for each piece of hardware).

As a final step, restart all servers to reinitialize the buffers.

Caution:

You should generate a large number of programs only when no users are logged on; otherwise, further LOAD_VERSION_LOST dumps will occur for the users who are logged on.

In addition, it is to be expected that SGEN itself will sometimes terminate with dump LOAD_VERSION_LOST, since all programs are generated and moved to the program buffer.

However, you can restart the SGEN run again and again, and only the outstanding programs are generated.</i>

Regards

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arun for the detailed explanation.

CI & DB running on One Server and no additional applicatin servers. Also, it's completely a new system.

Kernel also been upgraded as per SP Stack 15.

Restarted SGEN and SGEN completed successfully.

Regards

Chandu

P.S : Hv sent an email to your yahoo a/c. Did you get that?

Answers (0)