Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

3rd Party orders mixed with standard orders

We're starting to include 3rd party shipped items in sales orders. Some orders can contain both 3rd party items and standard shelf items. We don't know in advance what the customer will want (it's a call center).

The problem is since our orders mostly come in over the phone, so 1) re-typing a separate order is tedious (also backs up calls) and 2) sales reps have to notice it's a 3rd party item (which is dicey).

I thought about allowing everything to come in as a standard order, then ABAPing something to split the orders up, but I can't figure out how to do that with credit cards (without doing something wildly insecure).

I also thought about writing a whole new front end (for other reasons as well), but that presents obvious issues.

To make it more complicated, sometimes we embroider things we sell (VAS attached), so even though those items are 3rd party, they get shipped to us first.

Can anyone suggest a better approach to handling this? We've got a manual process (someone changes the ZOR and creates a new ZU3P), but that won't scale very well.

Thanks,

Lee

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question