Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy IDOC Type to another SAP System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We want to copy a basic IDOC type WGSREQ02 from our ECC system to the BI system. The intent is to use this IDOC as an outbound from the BI system and then recieve it in the ECC system. Since we want to use it only as an outbound, we don't really need any application logic in BI. We just need the IDOC structure and the outbound capabilities so that we can use the application logic provided by default in ECC.

Please let me know if there is a way to copy the IDOC Definition from ECC to BI system.

Thanks

Sanjay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay

I would use the following approach:

(1) Generate XML structure (XSD schema) from the IDoc type (on the ERP or via SAP-XI)
(2) On the BI system fill the empty XML with the data and make the transformation
    back to IDoc structure (EDIDC and EDIDD)

But how to send these IDoc data via ALE? You need to define the IDoc type (which does not exist on your BI system) as outbound parameter of the partner profile (e.g. ERP as logical system).

Perhaps you can send the IDoc data using fm MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE.

Regards

Uwe

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Any pointers? Is there no way or no tools to copy an IDOC from one system to another?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Sanjay

0 Kudos

you have one option using SAPLINK

check this..

http://code.google.com/p/saplink/

may be you can get some help

Pawan_Kesari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just out of curiosity, can't you create same idoc type in BI .. the structure is not that big and complex..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that would be the last resort, but I was looking for a way to copy the IDOC.

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay

I would use the following approach:

(1) Generate XML structure (XSD schema) from the IDoc type (on the ERP or via SAP-XI)
(2) On the BI system fill the empty XML with the data and make the transformation
    back to IDoc structure (EDIDC and EDIDD)

But how to send these IDoc data via ALE? You need to define the IDoc type (which does not exist on your BI system) as outbound parameter of the partner profile (e.g. ERP as logical system).

Perhaps you can send the IDoc data using fm MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE.

Regards

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Uwe. I'll try this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.