cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Results recording for recurring inspection lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My client (pharma) wants to record results for the inspection lot that is automatically generated for inspection type 09 via a report program (Deadline monitoring). In the material master inspection type 09 is activated and 'Inspect with task list' is selected. At the time of implementation inspection plan is created for these materials (raw material) with usage 5 (Goods receipt). Now my question is - Do I need to create another inspection plan with a different usage? If yes, is it usage 9?

My problem is I am not able to record the results although the lot is created. Material specs. are not maintained for these materials.

Please let me know if there is any other option. Physical samples are used for inspection.

Thanks & regards,

Swati

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

use the usage 9 in new plan or create other countre for existing plan.

-ashok

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member400804
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi swati,

check whether physical samples were created for that lot,if it is created check whether it is in release status.I believe u used sample drawing procedure.Hope this would solve your issue.

regards,

Lenin. A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lenin,

The problem is with sample calculation. The system is not calculating it automatically for 09 inspection. The message I am getting when I trigger sample calculation manually in QA02 is :

"Sample Determination : Data missing for no. of containers and lot container"

If I provide these data sample size is calculated and the inspn. lot is released. But I want the system calculate it for me the way it is doing for 01 inspection.

The customization setup for 01 and 09 inspections are same - Physical sample type is 'Goods receipt sample' .

Please suggest if any changes are required.

Regards,

Swati

Edited by: swati sengupta on Oct 8, 2008 8:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

Just deactivate the check box "Consider Num. Of Container" at your Sample drawing procedure. (QPV2).

This check box is available at "Sample drawing Procedure" Overview Screen for QPV2 Trx.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

Any idea why it is working for 01 inspection and why not for 09 inspection?

Regards,

Swati

Edited by: swati sengupta on Oct 8, 2008 11:07 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

Thanks a lot. Yes, the check box is marked in QPV2. I will make the change, test and revert back. Hope this will solve my problem.

Regards,

Swati

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Shyamal,

>

> Any idea why it is working for 01 inspection and why not for 09 inspection?

>

> Regards,

> Swati

>

> Edited by: swati sengupta on Oct 8, 2008 11:07 AM

Hi Swati,

It works for the inspection type 01 because, at the time of GR Preparation, the field Number of lot container is field, which is get copied in the lot. But for 09 it can't happen so it obstruct.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your response.

As suggested by Craig, I changed the usage in customization for 09 inspection. Now, the usage is 5. Now the scenario is - for 01 inspection the lot is created with status REL and system is calculating sample size properly. But for 09 inspection of the same material the lot status is CRTD PASG SPRQ (CHCR is hidden) and the sample size is 0 (task list is assigned to this lot).

Any idea why it is happening? Please suggest how I can solve this problem.

Regards,

Swati

Edited by: swati sengupta on Oct 6, 2008 8:43 AM

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For your 09 inspection types, check in the material master that you have the "check charac" or "inspc with charac", (I can't remember how it is exactly worded by memory but it's on the bottom left hand side of the inspection type set up), ticked on.

You'll need to create new lots.

Also make sure that when you are looking at the 09 inspection type setup in the material master, you have double-clicked on it to display the correct settings in the bottom half of the screen. Some people forget to do this and as a result see the settings for the 01.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos
Also make sure that when you are looking at
the 09 inspection type setup in the material master,
you have double-clicked on it to display the
correct settings in the bottom half of the screen.
Some people forget to do this and as a result see
the settings for the 01.

10000% agree with Craig. Dear Mam, Kindly do as he suggested. Your issue will get closed. Regards, Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

if you want to result record with 09 inspection type following setting should be done.

1. in material master in details of 09 inspection select inspection task list. tick

2.maintain inspection plan with usage 9.

then only when you create inspection lot that inpection plan is automatically assigned to that lot.

you can assign different inspection plan with different usage.

Regards

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In QM configuration you can specify what usage should be used by each inspection type. You can set the 09 inspection types to use the same usage as your 01 or 04's. In your case that sounds like a usage 5.

It's entirely up to the business how many usages they want and which inspection types use which usages.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Craig, for your immediate response.

The usage used for inspection type 09 is 9 in customization.

Regards,

Swati

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So if you change the 9 to a 5 it will look for plans with a usage of 5, in which case it should find your existing plans. No need to create a new set of plans if the existing plans work for you.

Craig

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Swati,

For this your material should have planned before inspection lot created. Just go to inspection plan choose the date before your lot was created and assign material to that plan. I hope it will come now.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai