Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security measures to be taken for New Implementation of SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Our costumer is implementing SAP to replace legacy systems. We are implementing SAP ECC and BI.

Can anyone please suggest me the security measures need to be taken for a new implementation in each phase?

Like :

change and store SAP* and DDIC passwords

Passoword rules which includes password profiles.

Role naming conventions.

Can any one add some more to this...?

I will say thanks by assigning the points.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Gurus,

>

> Our costumer is implementing SAP to replace legacy systems. We are implementing SAP ECC and BI.

>

> Can anyone please suggest me the security measures need to be taken for a new implementation in each phase?

>

Looks like you need the whole project done by members of this forum. Narrow down your question to a specific issue rather than, wide open questions.

Gp

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> I will say thanks by assigning the points.

Judging by your other questions which you have not followed up on... I have some doubts.

Please give me the points first, to be on the safe side...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Oh ...I got solution for one issue and I assigned the points.

0 Kudos

Please read [the rules|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/home/rulesofEngagement] as well while waiting...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

>

> >

> > I will say thanks by assigning the points.

>

> Judging by your other questions which you have not followed up on... I have some doubts.

>

> Please give me the points first, to be on the safe side...

>

> Cheers,

> Julius

lol! like he said, me need points too...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check out the following link for the profile parameters related to logon and password.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/22/41c43ac23cef2fe10000000a114084/content.htm]

Thanks,

Saby..

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Gurus,

>

> Our costumer is implementing SAP to replace legacy systems. We are implementing SAP ECC and BI.

>

> Can anyone please suggest me the security measures need to be taken for a new implementation in each phase?

>

Looks like you need the whole project done by members of this forum. Narrow down your question to a specific issue rather than, wide open questions.

Gp

0 Kudos

Thanks and appreciate all your help....I am not seeking complete project to be done by forum members. As this is my first imp I thought can get help. Sorry if I trouble you guys.

0 Kudos

Everyone one has a first project. So no worries. What you need is Process and Technical documents/infomation. Do search in eLearning section of SDN, service.sap.com/security and help.sap.com.

Learn abt the Project implementation phases and process involved and know your role during each phase. You will be able to answer your own questions.

Gp.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ho..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, I think the whole points and rules and search topic is cleared now...

There is also an FAQ sticky thread at the top of the forum with some more detailed links to the topics you have mentioned:

> change and store SAP* and DDIC passwords

>

> Passoword rules which includes password profiles.

>

> Role naming conventions.

...and more.

Please feel free to ask more detailed questions.... and perhaps a "cook-book" on secure initial setup / config is a good idea as well.

Certainly the default settings have improved overtime and with releases anyway.

Cheers,

Julius