Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Preview displays correctly but export shows suppressed group footer lines

I'm working in Crystal Reports 8.5 on a tax reporting file that's exported to character-separated values. The file contains employee and employer federal, state, and local wages and tax data.

In our database, we only have an employee field for FICA and FHI (federal), but we need to report the employer data as well. The employer data always matches the employee data.

The data is displayed in the report on Group Footer 4, but it's divided into 4a (wages) and 4b (taxes) sections. The wage on 4a is identified by a tax identifier on 4b. To solve my problem, I added 2 additional sections (4c and 4d), identical to 4a and 4b, except that the tax identifier on 4d is coded to display employer data any time it's equal to FHI or FICA.

I coded sections 4c and 4d (under the suppress option in the Section Expert) to suppress these two lines when the tax type isn't FHI or FICA.

When I preview the report, it displays perfectly. The export needs to be character-separated values, so I export it with no separator, no delimiter, same number formats and same date formats as in report. The exported file doesn't suppress sections 4c and 4d as coded in the report and as seen in the preview.

Please, help. Let me know if more info is needed.

Thanks

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question