cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms - Barcode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to create Smartforms with Barcode. In SE73, I created System Barcode. Then created Character format in Smartstyle and created the form with a window and text mentioning the smartstyle...When I execute it, I dont see the Barcode in the Output. Can you please help me to fix this issue.

With regards,

Kavitha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to specify like <character>&vbak-vbeln&</>.

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answers...Now I am able to get the barcode in my smartforms..I have 2 more issues.

1. I wanted to print 2 barcodes side by side..When I leave a space between, It takes the second barcode in new line.

2. When I print it, I get 3 labels. However, the barcode is printed only in one label. How can I avoid it by just printing 1 label. Do I need todo somepage settings. Currently I have set page format to be be DINA4.

Please help me resolve these issues.

With Regards,

Kavitha

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

danny_roussel4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is possible to create barcodes in smartforms using the 'new way': meaning you do no need additonal software and other stuff on your printers, SAP simply creates a barcode 'picture' and print that, on any printer.

danny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Danny,

Yes, there is a "native" solution in the SmartForms where you do not need 3rd party / additional software to print barcode.

New Barcode Technology in SmartForms supports several commonly used barcodes such as PDF417, Code 2 of 5, Code 128 ....

Some Barcode Printer vendors such as SATO provides device types that provides SmartForms printing solutions that support these barcodes as well.

Let me know if you are interested in using this solution. I will be able to help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kavitha,

1) check the windoew setttings of the textnode of the barcode in the form painter increase the width and print side by side.

2)In case if the barcodes are on different pages then.

Write the following code in the initialization tab

if w_page = 1.
control_parameters-startpage = '%PAGE1'.
else.
control_parameters-startpage = '%PAGE2'.
ENDIF.

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can I know what Barcode printer you are using?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still more questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answers...Now I am able to get the barcode in my smartforms..I have 2 more issues.

1. I wanted to print 2 barcodes side by side..When I leave a space between, It takes the second barcode in new line.

2. When I print it, I get 3 labels. However, the barcode is printed only in one label. How can I avoid it by just printing 1 label. Do I need todo somepage settings. Currently I have set page format to be be DINA4.

Please help me resolve these issues.

With Regards,

Kavitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha,

For the first question, you can print each barcode in a separate window side by side so that the barcodes wont be displayed in a new line.

For the second question, you need to do some page settings where i dont have much info to share.

Regards,

Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kavitha,

Check the text node.Select the text in the text node and assign the barcode again.

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check that the printers support barcode printing.

check that the correct Device type is set for the printer in transaction SPAD.

define your own stype for Smartforms in Transaction SMARTSTYLES.

Create a Character Format like "BC" for Barcode and choose the Barcode type you want. We've used Code 39.

now you can use this Character Format to format the Number Value in your smartform. If you want the number to apear in clear text then insert it again.

Above link may help you.

Thanks,

Sree.