cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSA3 shows data in custom fields, none in PSA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've searched and read all the postings I can find on this and the fact is I have one enhanced InfoObject that loads the custom data and another that doesn't. I can't see what I'm missing, please help.

Steps:

1. Enhanced the extract structure in RSA6.

2. Removed the checks in Hide field and Field only.

3. Saved the DataSource.

4. Transported the DataSource.

5. Ran RSA3 - new custom fields display with data.

6. Replicate the datasource in BI 7.0 (it's a 3.5 data source).

7. Enhance the InfoObject 0APPLIC.

8. Create the transfer rules.

The custom fields are moved from the right to the left under the DataSource/Transfer Structure tab.

InfoObjects are assigned to the new custom fields on the right side of the Transfer Rules tab and after

pressing enter they populate the Rule colulmn correctly on the left side.

The communication structure contains the custom fields.

Activate the Transfer Rules.

9. Create the InfoPackage (PSA and then into InfoObject).

10 Run the infopackage - no data shows up in custom fields.

Please tell me what step I have missed. I have gone back to business content several times and then repeated the steps above and still no data in BI in the custom fields (I do get data in the business content attributes of 0APPLIC).

Thanks,

Diane Merrill

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

Just to wrap this up, I found the answer to my issue. In my case it is unique to E-Recruiting. The custom fields I was trying to extract are saved as documents. The ALEREMOTE user ID was not set up as a 'candidate' and was therefore not allowed to read documents. This did not come across as an authorization error so the authorization trace did not help. I ended up getting the ALEREMOTE uid set up as a dialog user and then debugged through the userexit for custom fields via RSA3 until I found the issue. One other lesson learned is that the log with transaction SLG1 would have helped me much sooner. Nothing told me to look at that log to see the error though.

Thanks to all those who tried to help.

Diane

udayabhanupattabhiram_cha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You said that you transported them.

Do you have this problem in DEV or QAS?

If RSA3 shows data for some fields and tey are not in BW, the only reason can be properly mapping. So, if this problem in in DEV, activate everything from IndoSOurce, Transfer Rules, and Transfer Structure.

If this problem is in QAS, collect all the InfoSOurce, DataSource, Transfer Structure and Transfer Rules manually in RSA1, Transport Collection.

Then, try again.

Uday-Ram Chamarthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would also like to mention that even though the business content attributes for 0APPLIC have loaded, there is no SID table attr. showing up in the master data tab of the infoobject. That seems odd to me.

Thanks,

Diane

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not using any selection, there are only 166 records.

Thanks,

Diane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, the infoobjects are all time independent.

Diane

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case I don't know... That's weird...

All the other objects that existed before, you have for the same selection the same values in rsa3 and BW?

Diogo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

It seems you've everything ok!

Are those fields you're mapping time dependent? Did you saw on the infopackage in the actualization tab a fix time interval? If so, be sure you've you're time interval right, otherwise you might don't have those fields for that time interval...

Diogo.