cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC for Excel not showing on launch.aspx page for a few users

rkresha
Participant
0 Kudos

A few users are having issues with the launch.aspx page not displaying the option "BPC for Excel". The users have Office 2007 and have ASP.net 1.1 installed. The strange thing is that other users with

2007 and 1.1 are able to see it. Experts do you have any idea?

We have already tried the following two SAP Notes with no luck:

Thanks,

Rob

(Server side we are using BPC 5.1 w/ SP3 and update 4)

Edited by: Rob Kresha on Oct 2, 2008 9:11 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rkresha
Participant
0 Kudos

We gave up on having users launch Excel from the web. We are now just simply putting a shortcut to the excel addin file (EV4Excel.xla) on the desktop for the client to launch it that way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Have you installed Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12 on the application server which is suggested in installation guide for Excel 2007.

2) You can run the client diagnosis for Office and check if it throws some errors

3) Go to IE Internet Options - Programs - Manage Addons - and check if all addons are enabled (including ActiveX controls).

regards,

Lokesh Nandula

rkresha
Participant
0 Kudos

1) Yes, Microsoft ACE has been installed on the application server

2) Currently we are unable to run the Client Diagnostics from the Software Center because all 3 buttons/icons show up as red X's for some unknown reason

3) Yes, all activeX add-ons are enabled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

To sucessfully finish client install and to view all three icons , the user should be a local admin.So, log in with local admin id, install both admin install and client install and run the diagnostics.

Hope this helps,

Kranthi

rkresha
Participant
0 Kudos

We are trying to access the page with a local admin account. I'll post the results as soon as I hear them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I feel this error is due to three reasons...

1) Check your IE version and if its not compatible, then reinstall IE.

2) Go to IE Internet options - Security - Click default level

3) Your Active-X must be having some problem.

regards,

Lokesh Nandula

rkresha
Participant
0 Kudos

1 and 2 are fine or have already been tried

3 we are thinking the same thing. It may be a global security parameter which is preventing ActiveX from doing what it is supposed to.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob... try giving admin rights to the user on the client machine. If ActivX installation is done by the user with full admin rights then such issues may not arise.

regards,

Lokesh Nandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi... check Internet Explorer browser version and make the security setting to default.

rkresha
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick response, let me check and I will let you know if this works.

rkresha
Participant
0 Kudos

No luck with your suggestion.

Edited by: Rob Kresha on Oct 3, 2008 1:45 PM