Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oStockTakings Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day

Experts:

I have my oStockTakings functionality in place and operating correctly...I think. The Counted column in the OITW table for the ItemCode/Whse is getting updated with the

assigned qty. After doing this, is there "business" functionality that is to take action

on this Countetd qty? I ask since when I run the oStockTakings action again, the Counted

column does not go up.

I did try the Reconcile option on the Stock Posting screen after selecting an item but I kept getting an error message that I am unsure of how to repair:

"Qty falls below the minimum Inventory Level"

I have searched on the forum and in the Help section for more information without any luck.

Thanks for the help,

Ed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the dialogue Owen. That helps me understand the process beyond doing the programming to get the busniess end data into the system.

Ed

former_member201110
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ed,

The StockTakings object is used to enter the results of the physical stock take. SBO stores the actual count against the Item/Warehouse. When you run the reconcile process, the onhand quantity for each item counted is adjusted if there is a variance and a GL journal entry is created to adjust the stock balance. Once reconciled, the count is zeroed again, ready for the next stock take.

Although the DI API exposes the StockTakings object, it does not have a reconcile function. Therefore, you cannot complete the whole stock taking process through the DI API. Having said that, I assume you could create your own reconcile process and use stock goods issues and goods receipts to adjust stock levels.

The error 'Qty falls below the minimum inventory level' means that you are trying to reduce the onhand quantity of an item but the reduction will take this item's stock level below the minimum stock allowed for this item and warehouse (this is set on the item master data form in the stock tab). I'm puzzled as to why this error would come up during a stocktake though as the stocktake process is meant to adjust the stock quantities to the correct levels (ie what is physically in the warehouse) so, whether the item falls below minimum or not, the stock should still be adjusted(!?)

Kind Regards,

Owen