cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overview of master data tables with number of records + delete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we took a copy of our BI system and now we are deleting all the data. For the cubes and ODS's it's not that difficult to see if we have deleted everything... but for master data it's something else!

Is there somewhere a function/program/transaction/... to see in which (master data) tables we still have entries? because checking more dan 10000 objects is just crazy...

And is there a way to do 'mass deletion of data'?

Thx,

Ciao

Joke

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

You can use the program RSDMD_DEL_MASTER_DATA to delete all the master data of an InfoObject.

Diogo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this program doesn't exist in our system... only RSDMD_DEL_MASTER_DATA_TEXTS exists and there I have to specify each infoobject one at a time...

any other suggestion?

ciao

Joke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

So try this...

Create a program that reads all objects (field CHABASNM) from table RSDBCHATR where OBJVERS = A.

This will give you a list of all InfoObjects that have attributes (master data). For each of them call the function module named RSDMD_DEL_MASTER_DATA (I was referring before a function module not a program, sorry) that will delete all the master data for an InfoObject.

Diogo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the idea...

Is there also a table for texts? because some objects have only texts loaded...

Joke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yup:

/bic/t* & /bi0/t*

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean: is there also a table with the whole overview in like table RSDBCHATR with the attributes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah,

I posted too fast.

Try table RSDCHABAS whith field TXTTABFL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

You can look for both master data and texts in another table at te same time:

This table RSDCHABAS search for all InfoObjects (field CHABASNM) in version active (OBJVERS = A). If you want to see if you have master data look for the field ATTRIBFL = X (Have attributes), and if you want to see if you have texts look for the field TXTTABFL = 1 (Have texts).

There you go!

Diogo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

THX!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't know about a standard program, but how about an ABAP that does a count of the n° of records in the P/Q tables and write it to the screen?

The mass deletion: I remember another topic with the same question, and the answer was: no