Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table maintenance generator - + symbol instead of field label

Former Member

Hi All,

I have created the table maintenance generator for the table and I have created theh transaction code the same as like SM30 and if I execute that transaction ocde, I can see all the fields with the correct description at the initial screen level. If I say New entries... Here I could not able to see the field description for the table fields for which the data element is not maintained.

Is there any solution to resolve this problem without maitaining the data elements for that fields.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ramesh.

5 REPLIES 5

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

You could actually go to the screen, and change the heading making them static. This would be the only way other than maintaining the data element.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

How can I change the heading for the field in the screnn?

could you please let me know?

So go into the table maintanence generator screen inside of SE11, there you will find a function group, and a screen number. Go to this function group via SE80, you will see the folder for the screens, drop open this folder and find your screen, double click on the screen number, this will take you to screen painter, maintain the column header accordingly. Save and activate. That's it. The only problem with this is if you ever have to re-gernerate the table maintence, like if you add a column to the table, then you will have to do this change again, because it will be overwritten by the generator.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

christine_evans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi All,

>

> I have created the table maintenance generator for the table and I have created theh transaction code the same as like SM30 and if I execute that transaction ocde, I can see all the fields with the correct description at the initial screen level. If I say New entries... Here I could not able to see the field description for the table fields for which the data element is not maintained.

>

> Is there any solution to resolve this problem without maitaining the data elements for that fields.

>

> Thanks in advance.

>

> Regards

> Ramesh.

By far the easiest way of doing this is to maintain the description on the data elements. Why don't you want to do this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's done.

Thanks Rich.