Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC FM to return Unicode or Non Unicode type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDNers,

Im looking for a RFC function module which returns if the destination is or not an Unicode System.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Leo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll explain myself a little more detaily...

I have a Z program which uses the RFC function module :TABLE_ENTRIES_GET_VIA_RFC

My problem is when a call this FM from a Non Unicode system to a Unicode System. It returns two parameters (OFFSET and LEN) which their values are duplicates. The reason is because Unicode systems uses 2 bytes to represent 1 character.

Therefore, I should find some RFC fm which returns if the destination is or not an Unicode system.

Someone have any idea?

Thanks for your answers...

Leo

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the purpose of the check?

You destination is not going to change that often..

and the destination can also not switch between unicode and non unicode that often..

So why cant you first manually check if the destination is unicode or not before developing the interface?

Why do you have to do the check every time?

Former Member
0 Kudos

n SM59 there is a flag "communication to non-Unicode system", if I set this flag. Will non-unicode message format be the communication to the target system.

Also, if I have a non-unicode sender system to a SAP instance that is Unicode, are there any settings I need to make so SAP can accept the non-Unicode data? Or will it handle it straight away.

Thanks,

Sree.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll explain myself a little more detaily...

I have a Z program which uses the RFC function module :TABLE_ENTRIES_GET_VIA_RFC

My problem is when a call this FM from a Non Unicode system to a Unicode System. It returns two parameters (OFFSET and LEN) which their values are duplicates. The reason is because Unicode systems uses 2 bytes to represent 1 character.

Therefore, I should find some RFC fm which returns if the destination is or not an Unicode system.

Someone have any idea?

Thanks for your answers...

Leo

0 Kudos

Try FM SLDAG_CHECK_FOR_UNICODE

0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer!

I'll try it and then I'll tell you ...

Regards,

0 Kudos

Aparna Shekhar

Thanks a lot for your answers. This FM is just what I need!!!!

Regards

Leo