cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate CMS with CTS+?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are using CMS to transport our development tracks.

We have now configured CTS+ to transport our portal content and configuration.

Both are working OK.

My question is: How do I connect CMS to CTS+ so that all transports will be done via one too, i.e. CTS+?

We have configured the CTS+ according to [this document|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00246ec1-dec5-2a10-58b9-e111c091c00b] but I did not see any CMS-CTS integration there.

Is there a more specific step-by-step document that I can use?

Rgds,

Roy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did the config, I remember seeing a button on CMS that says "Send to CTS..." where can I find it?

In other words, now that it's been configured what is the process to actually use this integration? at what point (Development/Consolidation/Assembly) do I send it to CTS+ and how?

Edited by: Roy Cohen on Oct 3, 2008 2:34 PM

ThomasByM
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

the integration takes place during the assembly step (the details depend a litel bit on the SP stack level both of the NWDI and the CTS+ system). For example if your NWDI is on SP14 and the CTS+ system is on SP16 then during the assembly step there will be an "assemble and attach" pushbutton. This means that after creating the SCA file, this SCA file is attached to a CTS transport request (depending on the tp parameters the request either must exist already or will be generated automatically). After this step you can choose "Follow CTS request" which allows to go to the transport organizer web UI.

Best regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the answer.

In our case we are on SP14 on all components.

I would have thought that CTS+ will take care of the transport since beginning. For example, our track is configured to have the following systems: Development, Consolidation, QA and Production. This means that pushing the developments from the Development system to the Consolidation system still has to be done using CMS. I assume that is because only after the DC's have been assembled into one SCA is when CTS+ can take over?

Rgds,

Roy

Edited by: Roy Cohen on Oct 5, 2008 2:11 PM

ThomasByM
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

you are right: you still need the CONS stage -- this means DTR workspaces / CBS buildspaces -- (but you do not necessarily need to configure a runtime system for this stage). You need the assembly step because at this point you get a file (in this case: SCA file) out of the DTR / CBS content and you ned to attach a file to the CTS transport request.

Best regards

Thomas

ThomasByM
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Roy,

maybe the document "Best practises for Implementing CTS+" is helpful for you (Link: [https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/howtoguides?rid=/library/uuid/10456aac-44f7-2a10-1fbe-8b7bcd7bcd58]. It describes (among others) how to connect a CMS track to the enhanced CTS. You need to configure the destination service in Visual Administrator and specify in thr track connection that this track is connected to the enhanced CTS.

Best regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Thomas, I believe that will do