GCOA, Movement type and OCOA in the same FS item
I am using EC-CS with ECC6 and I want to:
- Link FS Items to Group COA,
- use Consolidation movement type for some FS items,
- get the Operational COA for each FS item in the total table.
As it is not possible (?) to have several break down categories for the same FS item I plan to:
- create a breakdown category with the subitem category based on the OCOA (Required breakdown),
- add a custom characteristic linked with FAGLFLEXT-RMVCT and define this characteristic as being optional into the same breakdown category,
- Link this breakdown category to each FS item.
Based on you experience, do you think that my solution is the best one?
Thank you in advance,
Dan Sullivan replied
Your approach is okay as long as the Movement Type is not required in any case.
If however, the movement type is to be required in certain cases, then I suggest you create two breakdown categories. One for only OCOA required and another for OCOA required and Movement Type required. The latter will only be assigned to those items where movement type is required and all other items will be assigned the other breakdown.