cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in deployment.

former_member188321
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am trying to migrate 'Medrec' application (whihc comes as sample with Weblogic) to WAS6.4. While deploying I am getting this error(detail here):

Feb 6, 2006 12:45:56 PM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] INFO:

[005]Additional log information about the deployment

<!LOGHEADER[START]/>

<!HELP[Manual modification of the header may cause parsing problem!]/>

<!LOGGINGVERSION[1.5.3.7185 - 630]/>

<!NAME[C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program\log\sdmcl20060206072145.log]/>

<!PATTERN[sdmcl20060206072145.log]/>

<!FORMATTER[com.sap.tc.logging.TraceFormatter(%24d %s: %m)]/>

<!ENCODING[Cp1252]/>

<!LOGHEADER[END]/>

Feb 6, 2006 12:51:46 PM Info: -

Starting deployment -

Feb 6, 2006 12:51:46 PM Info: Loading selected archives...

Feb 6, 2006 12:51:46 PM Info: Loading archive 'C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program\temp\temp26580medrecEar.ear'

Feb 6, 2006 12:51:48 PM Info: Selected archives successfully loaded.

Feb 6, 2006 12:51:48 PM Info: Actions per selected component:

Feb 6, 2006 12:51:48 PM Info: Initial deployment: Selected development component 'medrecEar'/'sap.com'/'localhost'/'2006.02.06.12.09.41' will be deployed.

Feb 6, 2006 12:51:48 PM Info: The deployment prerequisites finished without any errors. All items are correct.

Feb 6, 2006 12:51:48 PM Info: Saved current Engine state.

Feb 6, 2006 12:51:48 PM Info: Error handling strategy: OnErrorStop

Feb 6, 2006 12:51:48 PM Info: Update strategy: UpdateAllVersions

Feb 6, 2006 12:51:48 PM Info: Starting: Initial deployment: Selected development component 'medrecEar'/'sap.com'/'localhost'/'2006.02.06.12.09.41' will be deployed.

Feb 6, 2006 12:51:48 PM Info: SDA to be deployed: C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\root\origin\sap.com\medrecEar\localhost\2006.02.06.12.09.41\temp26580medrecEar.ear

Feb 6, 2006 12:51:48 PM Info: Software type of SDA: J2EE

Feb 6, 2006 12:51:48 PM Info: ***** Begin of SAP J2EE Engine Deployment (J2EE Application) *****

Feb 6, 2006 12:51:48 PM Info: ***** End of SAP J2EE Engine Deployment (J2EE Application) *****

Feb 6, 2006 12:51:48 PM Error: Aborted: development component 'medrecEar'/'sap.com'/'localhost'/'2006.02.06.12.09.41':

Caught exception during access of archive "C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\root\origin\sap.com\medrecEar\localhost\2006.02.06.12.09.41\temp26580medrecEar.ear":

java.lang.NullPointerException

(message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).null)

Feb 6, 2006 12:51:49 PM Info: J2EE Engine is in same state (online/offline) as it has been before this deployment process.

Feb 6, 2006 12:51:49 PM Error: -

At least one of the Deployments failed -

Please see, what could be the reason for this and how to resolve that.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

did you have modified the source, done a build with the ant scripts etc?

If not: medrec comes with many Weblogic extensions like to EJB-QL any you will not be able to deploy and run this one without a bunch of modifications (have done this a year ago...)

Best regards

Halil

former_member188321
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Halil,

I am not using Ant.

I am using SAP's J2EE migration kit plugins for the purpose.

The source code of Web and EJB modules is compiling properly. When I am deploying the the EAR file, then its giving this error. This is the only error description, even in the log files. So, no more error details available.

What exaclty you suggest for the solution? Please explain.

Thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Damandeep,

as I have stated I've done this more than a year ago with a early version of the MiKi and the medrec version which was actual at this date.

The problem's with MedRec was:

- it comes in the "exploded EAR" structure

- it depends on EJBGen, a tool like XDoclet to generate all needed interfaces and deployment descriptor files

To generate all needed sources and deployment descriptor files for BEA first you have to run the ant based build scripts. After this, I have rearanged the component sources so I could import them with the help of MiKi. After this, I have fixed the EJB-QL statements.

But maybe things has changed here.

BTW, this is a good task to get familar with the whole Migration Kit: using not only the NWDS plugin but the documents like the Migration Assessment Guide etc.

Best regards

Halil

former_member188321
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your suggesion Dr.Halil. Though I have solved that problem in some different way. But now I am stuck on EJB-QL now.

The query is:

SELECT OBJECT(o) FROM PatientEJB AS o WHERE o.lastName like ?1 ORDERBY o.lastName

I doesnot Identify the orderBY clause.In persistent.XML, I check marked the section "Query usesEJB-QL 2.1 enhancements" for that query, but of no use.

If I remove the OrderBy clause, it gives error "Comparison '=' not defined for dependent objects".

This seems to be because query uses Objects.

Now how to resolve this. Please give your suggestions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Damandeep,

yeah, you have run into a EJB-QL extension from BEA. ORDERBY is introduced with EJB 2.1 and is written "ORDER BY" (with a space), so it does not run in Web AS.

But there is a option how you can use some EJB-QL features coming with EJB 2.1 even the Web AS is just only compliant to EJB 2.0: in the persistant.xml you can set a option. In the NWDS, go into the persistant.xml wizard, select the finder method and the check the option "Query uses EJB-QL 2.1 enhancements".

If you are changing the persistant.xml by hand, set the tag ql-2.1-compatible in the finder-descriptor.

Then you have to change your statement: from "ORDERBY" to "ORDER BY".

Anyway, I recommend you to took the documentation coming with the Migration Kit, e.g. this question discussed there!

Best regards

Halil

former_member188321
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dr. Halil,

Thanks for your suggestion. It worked well, you got it right.

I have one more problem after this.

When I go to "persistent.xml-><EJBname>->cmr-field-><fieldName>", on right hand side, in additional information section it shows "ERROR:

The class of this dependent value has no public fields. Because of this it can only be mapped to a single column".

That field is an object of some other class. So, whereever I have any column storing object of some class, I have the same message.

Due to his, its giving deployment error.

Please help.

Thanks!

former_member188321
Contributor
0 Kudos

While deplying its refering to <EJB>Local interface, saying that it should implement java.io.serializable to so that the object can be written to database.

"Cannot obtain an appropriate JDBC type for class com.bea.medrec.entities.RecordLocal. To store the field with this class in the database, the class must implement java.io.Serializable."

Please check the above message too.

Thanks!

Answers (0)