cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP question - want to change from PD to VB with forward scheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using currently MRP type PD and using Scheduling agreements and after the demand management changes when ran MRP the delivery quantities are fluctating in higher range and vendor complains about it so to avoid this we are constantly changing GR Processing days in material master? how can we avoid the drastic changes on the order quantites on scheduling agreements with out changing GR processing days.

For example : we constantly manufacter 480 vehciles per week and some time because of holidays it will be 320 or 560 per week then the forward scheduling agreement quantites instead of 480 parts week(twice a week delivery) goes up and down and vendor needs a at least a range for his prodcution?

I was thinking to use Reorder point but when i changed the MRP type VB then i cannot see forward scheduling agreements at MD04? does MRP type VB or V1 will allow forward scheduling also like 120 days ahead of planning?

Appreciates everyone time and help.

Thanks and Regards,

Siva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Lets see; you want to change your manufacturing drastically from week to week (320-420-560), you want your vendor to work to dependent requirements derived from your manufacturing schedule, but you don't want your vendor to also to have to change his supply schedule? Don't think this is possible.

Normally, when you want to smooth demand, you use some kind of forecast. Maybe your vendor should be working to a forecast rather than working directly against your manufacturing dependent requirements.

Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

Thanks for the reply.

when i changed my config for a part/material from PD to VB there is not future scehdules for vendor? at MD04 - does Reorder point allow the forward schedule with planning calender(only 2 days a week) delivery schedule from supplier?

Thanks and regards,

Siva