cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T.Code for Report painter report

0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a way to assign a T.Code to the Report painter report, so that users do not have to go to GR53.

thanks & Regards

Rose

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, it's possible. Go to SE93, choose the name for your transaction; select the option (Transaction with Parameters); enter transaction START_REPORT, Switch 'Skip Initial Screen'; switch all GUI check boxes, and enter these defaults:

D_SREPOVARI-REPORTTYPE :RW

D_SREPOVARI-REPORT :(Relevant Report Group)

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

thanks Eli, I tried this in Sandbox and it looks good.

You seem to know a lot about Report Painter, I hope you would be able to certainly help me understand this :

My predecessor here, created a report painter report and then asked the ABAP team to copy the report painter program (its like a query name) to a Z Prpgram and assign a transaction code. As I hear this was done to avoid the authorization issues.. (???) when this was moved to Testing Dev client, all this worked But when we moved this to QA, the error "program doesnot exist" made us to change the zprogram to remove the logic that the program had to check for the Client, in which the report was created. We removed that but then it then includes started giving the same error. so this will surely not work.

So, my question is : when this simple way of giving a report painter report a t.code with the defaults, would there be any auth issues that you can think of ???

thanks in advance.

Regards

Rose

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rose,

The name of the program which is generated for the reports is dynamic. Therefore, the link between the transaction and a report should be done in the way I described. Alternatively, the transaction could be created while entering a new entry in user's menu, but it's just another way to do the same.

Authorizations could be treated then by giving the access to the transaction itself and blocking completely GR53 for users.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

thanks Eli,

This worked for me.

Answers (0)