Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create a level 3 account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, experts,

I followed the instructions:

Go to Financials > Edit Chart of Accounts and tick the drawer where the title will be created. Then select an existing title on level 3 and click on Add same level account. Next on the left select where the title must be in relation to the others on level 3.

'Click on Add same level account' - - - I could NOT find the 'Add same level account' button!

Thanks!

Lorrie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using the Segmentation Accounts?

This is what the Online Help (F1) says :

Add Same-Level Acct Adds an account on the same level as a selected account, under the same parent article.

Note

This button exists only if the option Use Segmentation Accounts is not selected on the Basic Initialization tab in Administration> System Initialization >Company Details

Hope information is useful.

Regards,

Jitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!

I see the 'Use Segmentation Accounts' is selected in our system - and I could not unselect it because it's grey. Would it possible to unselect it?

Lorrie

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use Segmentation Account checkbox is Irreversable tickbox.

It relates to settings which are made at the initiation phase of the database.

When you have selected it and entry are posted, the same is greyed out and you cannot change it again.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh, my god!

Is there another way to add a level 3 account? Thank you!

Lorrie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lorrie,

Don't worry. To add level 3 title accounts, you need to stay on level 2 and then you can add that title. You can change the title display order after adding the title account if you think the position for the title is not right.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lorrie,

You need to choose the 'parent' account when going to Add mode, so if you want to add a level 3 account let's say under 'account xx1' which is a level 2 account, then:

1. click on account xx1 in Chart of Accounts screen,

2. press CTRL+A to go to Add mode. Now the account you are about to add will be a level 3 account under the defined level 2 account.

Regards,

Nat

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lorrie,

Depending on your localization you select .....you could create 4 or 5 levels in your CoA...

Adding Accounts is done from Financials > Chart of Accounts

Highlight your cursor on the level you want to add an account and press the Add mode Icon on the tool bar or Press CTRL+A

Best wishes

Suda

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check and read about the Account Code Generator from the Online Help (F1)?

Check that, if it is of help.

Rgds,

Jitin