cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create/maintain JCO connection : NullPointerException in SLD

former_member584750
Discoverer
0 Kudos

When I want to create a new JCO connection in SLD (via WebDynpro->Content Administrator) , I get an exception :

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.SystemLandscapeFactory.checkStatus(SystemLandscapeFactory.java:991)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.sl.api.WDSystemLandscape.checkStatus(WDSystemLandscape.java:469)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.tools.sld.NameDefinition.updateJCODestinations(NameDefinition.java:285)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.tools.sld.NameDefinition.updateNavigation(NameDefinition.java:250)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.tools.sld.NameDefinition.wdDoInit(NameDefinition.java:157)

Because the following document "[Adaptive RFC Troubleshooting Guide|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0019b1a-775f-2910-beb8-d81f27d0d8d0]" suggests that the problem could be an incomplete JCO connection definition, I removed all other existing connections (it's a sandbox system), but this action has not solved the problem.

I also get the message "Exception while getting JCo Clients Failed to get list of defined JCO clients for deployable object 'sap.com/spider_search' " when the Content Administrator screen is displayed.

Any idea of what is missing ?

Thanks,

Eric.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member584750
Discoverer
0 Kudos

As I want to define a connection to an ABAP back-end, to call a BAPI from a Guided Procedure, I don't use NWDS.

Anyway, I checked JTECHS and it has the same level as the EP component.

The connection test with the SLD is successful.

I'm checking the SLD installation but, up to now, nothing wrong (or missing) has been noticed.

Regards,

Eric.

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Check this forum link using this similar problem got resolved.

Thanks

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Check the SLD connection and then verify whether the Business System is properly defined in the SLD or not sometimes the missing parameters create this exception.

REgards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric,

check whether the component SAP_JTECHs version is in sysnc with ep version

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri