Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Cannot create/maintain JCO connection : NullPointerException in SLD

When I want to create a new JCO connection in SLD (via WebDynpro->Content Administrator) , I get an exception :

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.sl.SystemLandscapeFactory.checkStatus(SystemLandscapeFactory.java:991)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.sl.api.WDSystemLandscape.checkStatus(WDSystemLandscape.java:469)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.tools.sld.NameDefinition.updateJCODestinations(NameDefinition.java:285)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.tools.sld.NameDefinition.updateNavigation(NameDefinition.java:250)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.tools.sld.NameDefinition.wdDoInit(NameDefinition.java:157)

Because the following document "[Adaptive RFC Troubleshooting Guide|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0019b1a-775f-2910-beb8-d81f27d0d8d0]" suggests that the problem could be an incomplete JCO connection definition, I removed all other existing connections (it's a sandbox system), but this action has not solved the problem.

I also get the message "Exception while getting JCo Clients Failed to get list of defined JCO clients for deployable object 'sap.com/spider_search' " when the Content Administrator screen is displayed.

Any idea of what is missing ?

Thanks,

Eric.

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question