Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How deploy a new MI appl. version without transfer data all over again

Hello,

I'm using MI 7.0 SP15 and I have already deployed the enhanced MSR application on all PDA devices.

Then, I changed MSR (modifying just some JSP file) creating a new version of it, and now I need to deploy it on all devices but I want to avoid to transfer all data again (the database we're using on PDAs is DB2e) because it's too expensive to transfer them.

I usually assign a new version, through NW administrator, as JSP Application after having deassigned the old one to all users (in NW administrator I deassign the old version to all users, then I undeploy it, then I deploy the new version and then I reassign it to all users) but in this way I see that all local tables (related the the SyncBOs used by MSR) with all their data are deleted and created again.

Does exist a way to deploy a new application version avoiding to transfer data all over again in the local DB tables?

Thanks,

Maria

replied

Maria,

Well it does not work in the way you have done. You cannot install the complete MSR.war just as a addon to existing application.

As Larissa mentioned you will need to create a new package which contains just the new files and export in form of WAR and that package should have a MANIFEST.MF file.

For exact steps, Check Pg 22 of this [document |https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7eb371c3-0801-0010-7785-aa507b767a5a] for creating a patch.

It's for NW04 but should work for 7.0 as well.

Chintan

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question