Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uploading a digital signature

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently using a digital signature to sign our printed checks. The person whose signature is on the check is leaving and we need to replace it with a new signature. The consultant who loaded the original signature is no longer with us.

Can you give me the informatin needed to upload a new signature to replace the old one?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if it's stored as a standard text in transaction SO10..There is a standard program to upload these from a file - I'll try to find it.

• no need for upload program - you can simply edit the text and use menu

Text -> upload to bring in the new version.

The key to all of this is to find the signature in the SAPScript maybe there is a window with 'SIG' in the name? - that will tell you whether it's a standard text or graphic

Regards

Stu

Edited by: Stu Murray on Oct 2, 2008 5:10 PM

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What does the output currently use to print the signature - is it held as a graphic?

is there a line of code such as

BITMAP '1042S_2004' OBJECT GRAPHICS ID BMAP TYPE BMON

in the SAPscript?

If so just use transaction SE78 to upload a new version of the signature and change the SAPscript to point to that one. Simply in the script window menu

Insert -> Graphic.

Regards

Stu

0 Kudos

I have looked at SE78, but I do not see where I have the option to upload a new bmp (or tif) file. What are the steps to get that uploaded?

Thanks.

Edited by: John Millet on Oct 2, 2008 4:56 PM

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There's no need to change the development. Just replace, in SE78, the image that is being used in the script/smartform. Delete the previous one and then create the new with the same name.

In SE78, click button IMPORT.

Regards,

Valter Oliveira.

0 Kudos

I can't find the old signature image listed in the options under SE78. I didn't want to change the script that uses the image either. I simply want up load a new image to replace the old one and leave everything else the same. I don't remember the consultant who originally did this using se78. He seemed to be concerned about whether the image was of BMP format or TIF and whether the resolution was correct and all of that needed to be entered into the upload program.

Is there another way to do the same thing?

0 Kudos

In SE78 The list of images shows the author and the "changed by" person. I only see 4 images with the consultant's name on them and none of them are the check signature.

This must be stored some place else?

0 Kudos

Hi again.

Yes, you can do it without changing the script! And yes, you cannot import all files in SE78. You must use TIFF or BMP with 256 colors (8 bits?) only.

To find the old image, remember that you have color and black & white and a signature, although is black & white, perhaps is in SAP as Color because of it's definition (quality of image).

In the script, you must have a window, that must have a text element that prints the image. There, you can find the image name and TYPE.

Regards,

Valter Oliveira.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if it's stored as a standard text in transaction SO10..There is a standard program to upload these from a file - I'll try to find it.

• no need for upload program - you can simply edit the text and use menu

Text -> upload to bring in the new version.

The key to all of this is to find the signature in the SAPScript maybe there is a window with 'SIG' in the name? - that will tell you whether it's a standard text or graphic

Regards

Stu

Edited by: Stu Murray on Oct 2, 2008 5:10 PM

0 Kudos

OK, using SO10, I do see somthing named ZHEX-MACRO-SIGN and when I click change, it brings up the text editor with some information at the top of the text and one of the lines shows

UPLOAD FROM FILE: C:\signature.tif

I believe this is what I am looking for. But clicking on either "Display' or 'Change' brings up the text editor. How do I get the new image loaded?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos

Hi,

In edit mode - within the text editor

menu text->upload

Regards

Stu

Edited by: Stu Murray on Oct 2, 2008 5:26 PM

0 Kudos

Ah, I got it!

In the same text at the top of the text based signature file, I also see a line of text that reads:

CREATOR: REPORT RSTXLDMC DATE 20070919

When running RSTXLDMC out of SE38, I see the screen I remember, asking for the name, the file type, the resolution, etc.

I was able to upload the new file from here.

Thanks Stu!

0 Kudos

OK, now how do I get it to Production. I made the change in DEV, but I do not see any way to transport it. Is it transportable or do I have to do this in PRD?

Thanks again.