cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detailed Navigation disapears when using a link on a page to navigate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created a site with webpage composer and I have published all the pages with Navigation Node's to the 3 main pages (Home, News, Contact).

If you click on the News navigation node on the Detailed Navigation it goes to the news page and it keeps the Detailed Navigation open on the left hand side. Same with the Contact page.

I have also added links on the home page that links to the same News page and to the Contact page, but as soon as you click on the News link on the Home page it opens the News page, but it removes/hides the Detailed Navigation and the News page fills the whole area including the area where the Detailed Navigation was before. Same with the Contact link.

Is there anyway that I can make the Detailed Navigation stay visible whether you use the Navigation Node on the Detailed Navigation or the Link on the Home page?

Edited by: Dirkie Gertenbach on Oct 2, 2008 3:32 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the solution...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirkie, can you share the solution with me.. i got a similar problem...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, please share!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically what you need to do is to get the path to the to the node on the detailed navigation.

I'm sure there must be a much easier way to do it, but here's the way I did it:

Right click on the node in question on the detailed navigation -> click open in new window/tab

You need to use the address that is in the address bar of this new window/tab

Replace everything after ".sap.portal.innerpage?buildTree=" with "true&NavPathUpdate=true&NavigationTarget="

So you should have an address as follows now:

.sap.portal.innerpage?buildTree=true&NavPathUpdate=true&NavigationTarget=

Now you need to get the address of the node in question (once again I'm sure there is an easier way) but this is how I did it:

Click on the node in the navigation bar so that it navigates to the page you want

Now right click in the Detailed Navigation next to the node in question -> click View Source

Go to Edit - > Find -> search for the name of the node (for example my node is "News" so i'll search for news)

You will find a line title:"News"

News in my case, but it will be whatever you searched for.

Now just in front of "Title" you will find the word "navurl"

Copy this navurl (everying in the inverted commas) mine looks like this:

navurl://5ef9c0939f02779fd4c527c0f0189bd6

Now take the previous address that you got from the steps above and add this navurl to the end, should have an address as follows now:

.sap.portal.innerpage?buildTree=true&NavPathUpdate=true&NavigationTarget=navurl://5ef9c0939f02779fd4c527c0f0189bd6

Now this is the address that you need to use in Webpage composer for the link on the page.

Hope this make sense.