cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical Question librfc32.dll

elko_hasse
Participant
0 Kudos

The SAP .NET Connector uses either RFC or SOAP to communicate with the SAP Application server.

Is for this communication any other library necessary besides the generated proxy.DLL and the SAP.Connector.dll.

I mean, is the <b>librfc32.dll</b> (that can be used with C++ to connect via RFC to SAP) somehow necessary for the .NET Connector or is all funtionallity within the proxy.dll and SAP.Connetor.dll ?

Thanks

elko

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The .NET Connector requires librfc32.dll version 62XX.xxx or higher and makes calls to the native functions over PInvoke.

Regards,

Guangwei

elko_hasse
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry,

in the SAP .NET Connector Documentation it is mentioned that the librfc32.dll is required. I should have looked there first.

elko

elko_hasse
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi another question regarding LIBRFC32.dll:

I use the LIBRFC32.dll as an entrypoint DLL in VB6.0 (using Keyword DECLARE).

But now I found out, the DLL is also usable as COM Component (see Dependency Walker utility).

How is that ? Who uses the COM functionallity and where is the documentation.

Which type (COM / entrypoint) is used by the .NET Connector for the RFC communication?

elko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Librfc32.dll also contains some undocumented COM components for SAP internal use. For example, a part of the DCOM Connector is implemented inside this DLL. Just as already answered before, the .NET Connector use the dll through PInvoke, similar to what you use with VB6.

Regards,

Guangwei

elko_hasse
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks !

elko