Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for webgui _ easy _ access _ menu parameter in v7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We're using ITS with v7.

On 6.2 there was a profile parameter called ~webgui _ easy _ access _ menu, setting it to 0 controlled the easy access screen. Where can I find it in v7?

Rgds,

Roy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Roy,

I assume you're referring to v7 as kernel 7.00 and the Integrated ITS.

If so, set ~transaction S000 in the GUI Parameters in SICF for the transaction you're using. This should show the button "Start SAP Easy Access".

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Edgar but I'm actually interested in hiding it.

How do I do that and please if you can give me a step-by-step solution as I'm new to ITS...

Edited by: Roy Cohen on Oct 3, 2008 11:46 AM

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Roy,

The ~webgui_easy_access_menu = 0 from the ITS 6.20 should show the user a button that must be pressed before the SAP Easy Access menu is displayed. The same effect can be achieved if you set ~transaction to S000 in the Integrated ITS. To do this you go to transaction SICF, execute, and then expand the tree: default_host > sap > bc > gui > sap > its, double click on webgui, go to change mode, click on the GUI Configuration button and add ~transaction as a new Parameter Name with Value of S000. Save this and then test again.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Edgar!

But how do I make it apply for all the transactions at once and not just to a specific one?

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Roy,

There is no longer a global.srvc file or a similar location with the Integrated ITS. You should maintain this in each service, though I'm a little confused as to why this would be needed in any other service. In other services there should be a ~transaction parameter and value, so the SAP Easy Access Menu is skipped anyways. Only the webgui (or a copy of it) would present the user with the SAP Easy Access Menu to start with. Please be specific in your question and list a service and URL example. Thanks.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edger,

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the value for the ~transaction is a specific transaction? I would like to apply this to any transaction I expose through the portal as an iView and not just specific one. Or am I missing something here...?

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Roy,

I'm failing to understand what the goal is. But generally system administrators like to limit the access users have. When the webgui service is used there is the possibility that users can gain access to a transaction that was not intended. This can be avoided a few ways. The first is to turn off the okcode field, this can be done with note 1010519. The next way is to use a session that is opened for a valid purpose, but then changing the transaction, this can be avoided with note 959417.

From the Portal an iView basically creates a URL to call the ITS. Sometimes the URL is:

http://host:port/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui?~transaction=xxx

sometimes the transaction is also a service so the URL would be:

http://host:port/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/pz02.

In your case you just want the SAP Easy Access Menu suppressed. From my understanding the only time the SAP Easy Access Menu is displayed by default is when there is no ~transaction and the webgui service is called (basically the first Portal iView example without the transaction portion) or when using the webgui service and the user uses the "up" or "back" button to end the transaction. If it is the first case then my workaround (transaction=S000) is valid. If it is the second case that you're trying to avoid then maybe you should look into note 959417 and 1010519 from my above comment.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appreciate the help and the detailed explanation Edger, I am doing the portal side work therefore the somehow unclear questions on the ITS side.

I will digest what you've said and come back if I have any questions. Needless to say that rightly deserved points have been assigned

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edger,

OK let me describe the problem again.

I know that it doesn't make sense but that's the client requirements: There are cases that we expose users to iViews that expose transactions in the portal which they are not authorised to use.

The standard SAP behaviour in such a case is exposing the SAP easy access button and showing the user an unauthorised message at the button. We would like to replace this page by a unauthorised page (an html for example that we will create and reference to) and suppress any access to easy access.

Any idea how to achieve that?

Rgds,

Roy

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Roy,

You should try the previously mentioned ~singletransaction to see if that helps limit what the user can do.

Besides that the only option on the ITS side is to create custom SICF entries for each of these services and maybe even templates so that you're not using ~webgui=1, which then would not dynamically generate the page with the Easy Access Menu button. But that can be a huge undertaking depending on the number of iViews you see this issue with.

The other option is to tighten user authorization so that users can only use transactions they're meant to use or to tighten the roles in Portal so that users only see transactions they're meant to use in the Portal menu.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edger,

Thanks again for your reply.

When you say ~singletransaction I assume you mean ~transaction as I have need seen a solution that involves the ~singletransaction parameter...

Can you please elaborate on the templates solution that you've mentioned?

Is it possible to add an error parameter (for example, when the user is not authorised) and redirect to an error html file that I will build for that? If yes then a step by step solution will be great.

Like I said, tighten the user's authorizations is not something which they are willing to consider from internal design consideration although I agree that this will be the most simple and correct approach. bottom line is there are users who are exposed to transaction iViews that they don't suppose to be able to run. We would like not to let them into SAP GUI at all in such a case and direct them to an error page if possible.

Rgds,

Roy

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Roy,

~singletransaction is referring to note 959417. Yes, you have a ~transaction mentioned, probably in the URL that Portal provides for the iView.

Creating templates for a service can be very easy, it can also be very difficult, so it's kinda difficult to explain, but I will try:

1. decide on the transaction

2. find out what programs and screens are being used for the transaction

3. go to SE80

4. create an "Internet Service" for the transaction

5. create a template for each screen used. can just right click on the Internet Service in step 4 and create > template

6. do step 5 for EVERY screen used.

7. do step 5 again for the messageline screen.

8. publish Internet Service to Integrated ITS

9. go to SICF and create and entry for the Internet Service

10. set the GUI Parameters as needed (probably ~theme, ~sources, ~transaction)

11. test.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

When I run http trace on th transaction iView these are the parameters that I see in the header:

Parameter Value

sap-accessibility

~okcode /nZTAH_ABS_QUOTAS

~DisconnectOnClose 0

sap-client 160

sap-language en

As you can see, there is no ~theme, ~sources, ~transaction parameter...

Rgds,

Roy

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Roy,

What you see now is before templates have been developed and an entry in the SICF. If you create your own templates for this transaction, ZTAH_ABS_QUOTAS, then you will need to tell the ITS about the ~transaction in the GUI Parameters of SICF. You could also tell the ITS where the templates are located using ~sources and ~theme.

Edgar