Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

GetLOV error when viewing Deski reports in Webi on BO XI 3.0

We are seeing strange behaviour on our BO XI 3.0 system. If we view a Deski report that has a prompt with a List Of Values in Webi then the Webi client immediately gives an error message that simple states "GetLOV Error", that's it! No other information shows up in any server logs or anywhere else I can think of to look. If I turn on the server trace it will show the GetLov error being generated and show which LOV it has a problem with but doesn't give any more discriptive information as to why. This is happening on multiple reports that use a variety of universes. If I open/run these reports in Deski they run just fine.

The truely strange thing is that sometimes the report runs fine in Webi and other times it generates the GetLov error. I don't have to logout or even close the report to see the change in behavior. If I open the report and refresh it, one time I might get the error and another I might not. We are running in a cluster environment. I have found that by shutting down all but one of the DesktopIntelligenceProcessingServer services I can isolate which services it runs OK on and which ones it does not. So it seems that only certain servers in the cluster work OK but others do not.

Has anyone seen this before or have suggestions on how to trouble shoot it?

Thanks,

George

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question