cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to transport ID objects like file adapter communication channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDNer,

I just wonder how transport of ID objects works when transporting from dev landscape to QA or PROD. I know we need to define business system group and target systems for all involved business systems so that corresponding systems would be assigned (converted) during transport. However how can the settings for ID objects like communication channel of file adapter or JMS adapter be converted, let me explain more detail what I mean.

So in dev PI ID, I configure a communication channel with file adapter with settings like, ftp server=myhost, ftp port=21, and so on. These settings are valid for dev landscape, in the QA and PROD, they are certainly different. when ID objects gets transported, the transport can NOT convert these settings based on QA or PROD environment, because no such mapping can be defined in SLD (Am I right at this?), thus the settings of the communication channel in QA and PROD would be the same as in DEV after transport which is not really correct. So I have to change those settings manually in QA and PROD after transport?

This is only an example for file adapter, similiar situation valid for JMS adapter, SOAP adapter and so on. So can you please give me hint how to transport those ID objects to QA and PROD landscape?

Thanks

Jayson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please advice on my thread:

Former Member
0 Kudos

The ID objects are manually edited in QA and Production.

The QA details host name can be different from Production. So for changing the production details you can request your manager to give edit access for this and basis can enable it.

Nowadays Virsa FireFighter tool is used. for tracking those activities.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So in dev PI ID, I configure a communication channel with file adapter with settings like, ftp server=myhost, ftp port=21, and so on. These settings are valid for dev landscape, in the QA and PROD, they are certainly different. when ID objects gets transported, the transport can NOT convert these settings based on QA or PROD environment, because no such mapping can be defined in SLD (Am I right at this?), thus the settings of the communication channel in QA and PROD would be the same as in DEV after transport which is not really correct. So I have to change those settings manually in QA and PROD after transport?

--> Yes, when you move ID objects from DEV to QA or PROD, the communication channel will not carry all the file adapter settings, we have to redefine them, because these are configuration objects where in configuration changes for system to system.

it only carrys the BS details because we define them in SLD.

This is only an example for file adapter, similiar situation valid for JMS adapter, SOAP adapter and so on. So can you please give me hint how to transport those ID objects to QA and PROD landscape?

-->if you already transported IR objects then it is same as that, if you didn't do it then you shd know one thing first

there are two types of transports 1)CMS 2)File, which one you want to use?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chirumamilla, we plan to use CMS. However whether need to manually edit those ID objects settings is independent on the way of transport management tool.

So you are saying, all adapter settings must be manually edited in QA and PROD after transport, right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

However whether need to manually edit those ID objects settings is independent on the way of transport management tool.

So you are saying, all adapter settings must be manually edited in QA and PROD after transport, right?

-->yes. with out editing them manually you can't Activate them , so this is mandatory...

Below document can help how to use CMS.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b8d8f7b2-0701-0010-b09a-cda4cca2...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayson,

Unforunately that is correct. Channels must be manually edited after transport, which is why your config is always inactive after transport.

Regards,

Yaghya