Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form without a form routine (ENTRY_NEU)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have few queries in form:

1. Why do we have to give a form routine while configuring a form with a output type ? What does return code means in form routine ?

2. Why do we have different type of Form routines, entry, entry_neu, etc. Is it just to save all the routines in one driver and configure different routines to diff output types ?

3. If in my driver program I have only one form routine, is it possible not to mention the Form Routine name in the output configuration ?

4. if I do not create any form routine and still can configure the driver program and form to a particular output type.

-Thnks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sree. If you get my last query asnwered, it will be great.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sid,

1) Form routine acts like user exit, once the cursor comes to this routine and recognises your form name and driver program name and it links both of them.

output types are predefined SAP combined architecture to combine driver program and form.

2) Diffenrent form routines for different applications in SAP logistics.

3) if you are not maintaing form routine name your out may not be displayable.

thanks,

Sree.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

Thanks for replying. Few thinks are clear.

But while we configure the output type we have already mentioned form name and the driver name. Output type looks for the driver program and Driver invokes the Form. So, I dont understand why we can avoid using form routine. I hope you can elaborate more on this please.

Also, please tell me about the parameters of form routine, like return code and screen !

-Thankx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sid,

I hope this information will help you.

Routines

Routines are short sub-programs that carry out various checks during document processing. In the SD module, you can create and process routines for copying requirements, data transfer, requirements and formulas using transaction VOFM. Besides the routines delivered to you with the system, you can create your own individual routines.

Transaction VOFM allows you to follow a standardized procedure for creating routines. The name ranges are predefined for routines delivered to you with the system and for routines created by the customer. This name convention guarantees that your own routines are not overwritten during a Release upgrade.

you can check return codes and all other parameters in the below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/21/894eeee0b911d4b2d90050da4c74dc/content.htm

Thanks,

Sree.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

Thanks again, this is going somewhere, intresting.

I opened VOFM went to Requirements > output Control..and I all I see Routine Numbers and their corresponding Application. However, with in one application we can have multiple Output types and then each one of them may have multiple processing routines.

Now, If I am creating my Z driver program and Z form and have to configure it to a standard process, how can I use the existing form routine. Is there a standard way of including that routine in my program or I just mention Form ENTRY..ENDFORM., with the parameters ?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sid,

You can write your logic based on the condition.

eg:

***INCLUDE LV61B054.

FORM KOBED_054.

• Workareas KOMKBV7 and *KOMKBV7 are available

• If the tendering status is changed to "Confirmed...",

• then the output should be created.

IF KOMKBV7-TNDRST NE *KOMKBV7-TNDRST.

IF KOMKBV7-TNDRST = 'CF'.

SY-SUBRC = 0. EXIT.

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

SY-SUBRC = 4.