Get the height of a report to use for setting height of subreport

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting an error: Invalid Section Height on one of my subreports

that I am programmatically inserting into a report. I have not set the

subreport height, I thought that it would be automatically set if I didn't

set it. I am measuring the width of a section in the report I am using

for a subreport to use as the Width for the subreport, but not sure how

to get the height of the report. It appears this needs to be in pixels.

I have manually tried setting it to 14400, which I believe is 11" and I ge an invalid section height error.

How do I get the height for the subreport???

I am using VB.Net 2008, Crystal 2008, Vista Buisiness. - All the latest service packs of everything.

Thanks,

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

The easiest way to figure this out is to test it in the Crystal Reprot Designer first. Bascially you can't set the subreport higth larger than the report page itself. CR needs to allocate space for the Page header and footer then Group header/footer and detail sections. There are options when designing this in CR Designer which will allow you to span more than one page. The simplest way is to design a template report in Crystal Report Designer so you can see all the options required to make this work. Then you can set the same in code when inserting.

Remember "If it can't be done in the Report Designer it can't be done in code" The Designer uses the same set of API's as .NET. By using a test report you can then see what settings are being configured when you get the info in code.

It believe you simply need to set the Can Grow options. Test this in the Designer then update us if you have any more questions.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

It turns out I needed to set the EnableCanGrow = true before setting the datasource to prevent it from blowing up. Most properties needed set after setting the datasource, but this must need done before hand.

Thanks,

Jeff

Answers (0)