Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evaluation Path for Position to Position Reporting Structure

former_member552974
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We currently have a position to position reporting structure in place. WIth this being said, not every supervisor in our organization is the chief of a team. I am trying to create an evaluation path that will look at a position, then go up to get the positions report to position (but not go up any further), then go down to get the positions that report to the supervisor. This will allow us to start with a position, then return all the positions that the report to position has. In essence this will allow us to start with a position and get the team (though we don't have an org unit for the team). I am trying to do this for the Team Calendar in ESS.

Below is what I have. The problem is with the depth, if I enter a 2, then it is not getting the lateral positions, but if I enter a 3, then it goes up to another level and gets an additional supervisor (which I do not want).

S A 002 Reports (line) to 2 S

S B 002 Is line supervisor of 1 S

S A 008 Holder 3 P

Has anyone developed and Evaluation Path that does this (gets a positions team without having an org unit) and can offer assistance?

Best Regards,

Scott

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My first suggestion was either use Bottoms-up approach or top-down dont use both..like either use either of below

S A 002 Reports (line) or

S B 002 Is line supervisor

but figured u will still have depth issues..so therefore

you cld experiment like below..i understood your requirement, and i am suggesting this totally off-hand thats on top of my head..as i said experiement doing this way..

say you have four levels why dont you use different evalutaion path to link them between each level..

say 1st to 2nd (reports to A002)

2nd to 3rd (subordinate to A005)

3rd to 4th/4th to 3rd (Is line supervisor B 002 )etc

this way you will not have the depth issue as each one is diffeent Ev path..

...oops i can see people laughing at this solution..but well..i tried!