Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to change description of intercepted and scheduled jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once a periodic job runs scheduled through Redwood, the description changes to

Run abap_name/variant_name IN JOBNAME

Is it possible to change the order of this description to a more sensible order, i.e. jobname first?

JOBNAME - abap_name/variant

Also, intercepted jobs have a description within Redwood Explorer Job Monitor screen of

Run "SAP Defined program" in MY_SAP_JOBNAME

I'd like to remove some of this chaff which would clean up the list of jobs being monitored and also make the day view easier to read (currently job names are shoved off to the right and you just get the chaff).

My preference would be to have Redwood just display the description

i MY_SAP_JOBNAME

(the i would indicate Intercepted).

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance for any tips

Guy

Edited by: Guy Tew on Oct 4, 2008 11:13 AM

Edited by: Guy Tew on Oct 4, 2008 11:15 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guy,

to answer your first question (a little belated - been on the road), i.e. Is it possible to change the order of this description to a more sensible order, i.e. jobname first?

The answer is yes. You need to edit the CPS registry parameter JobNameDefinition for your Instance (configuration/environment/registry/public/rsi/<your instance). Here you will see the current pattern that you can modify to suit your requirements. In the comments you'll find a little more detail too.

In relation to intercepted jobs and changing their CPS job names. The above setting applies here too except that the "SAP Defined program" part is being substituted by the RFC for / . The problem then becomes differentiating your intercepted jobs from your regular jobs since the name format is used for both types of job. The simplest approach therfore might be to have the intercepted jobs run through a specific 'i'ntercepted queue and include the queue in your job monitor view when looking at jobs.

Regards,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simon,

Excellent!

SAPs response was "what versions of software, O/S etc. are you running before you log your call".

As far as Redwood tips goes the forum wins every time!

Thanks for your pointers.

Regards

Guy

Answers (0)