cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T code OKP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Controlling gurus,

I am closing periods 1-8 in OKP1 "Primary Planning with Data" for plan data. When I go to KP06 to continue working for period 9 it tells me that period is close. Why does it tells me that when I have only closed period 1-8

Am I missing anything?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, check that you distribution key does not put the planning for previous months.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eli,

Can youp please be more specific? I am kind of new at this

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the monthly view in your planning and see if there are no figures in January-August.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eli, I am still more confuse, I do have plan data from January thry August, since I an done with planning til august therefore I am closing periods via OKP1. However I am still working for Period 9, but it appears that OKP1 closes all periods even though you close only 1.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That you have figures - it's OK. Just make sure, when you post your new planning, you do it only for September.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eli, I am only posting for september, but even though I am only posting for sepetmber teh systems still tells me cannot carry out posting dus to period is closed. I have only closed period 1-8.

It seems that even if I close 1 period OKP1 closesd all periods.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this

Period Lock

Use

Use the period lock to lock plan and actual business transactions for a combination of controlling area, fiscal year, and version.

Activities

To maintain the period lock for the corresponding Controlling component, go to the menu in Cost Element Accounting, Cost Center Accounting, Cost Object Accounting, internal orders, or Activity-Based Costing and choose Environment ® Period lock ® Change.

You can use Actual and Plan to decide whether to lock periods in actual or plan data.

You receive a list of all business transactions in actual or in planning data, with which you can lock individual transactions for specific periods.

Choose Lock transaction or Unlock transaction for individual transactions in all periods of the fiscal year.

You can use Lock periods or Unlock periods to lock or unlock all business transactions for individual periods.

Save your entries before exiting the processing screen.

Thanks,

Rau

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you the menu path described takes you to OKP1, which is the tcode I am using. Problem is that even if I try to close 1 period tcode closes all periods.