Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Problem: Field not a member of external service

Hello,

using the NWCE 7.1 SP 5 and the corresponding NWDS I have successfully imported an external RFC "/EDC/GET_IT_MAT_WF" into my composite application. For the imported RFC I have created an application service and mapped it to the RFC. Another application service relies on the mapped application service and is exported as a web service which in turn is used by a Visual Composer model. Everything worked fine.

Now, I have added another parameter "SONDER" to the RFC in the R/3. In my composite application I have deleted the previously imported RFC and the mapped application service and created them from scratch.

However, when invoking the newly added mapped application service I get an exception which reads:

Field SONDER not a member of /EDC/GET_IT_MAT_WF.

Firstly, I have checked the RFC and tested it in the R/3 using the ABAP Workbench.

Secondly, I have checked the newly imported external service and the mapped application service. Both do contain the field "SONDER".

Thirdly, I have undeployed the entire composite application, cleaned it in the NWDS, regenerated, rebuilded, and finally redeployed it.

However, the exception still remains.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks and best regards

Alexander

PS: The exception trace looks like this:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (127) JCO_ERROR_FIELD_NOT_FOUND: Field SONDER not a member of /EDC/IT_MAT_WF 
at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$MetaData.indexOf(JCO.java:9662) 
at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$MetaData.isTable(JCO.java:10606) 
at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.rfc.RFCExecuteManager.createTypeRefVal4JCORec(RFCExecuteManager.java:457) 
at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.rfc.RFCExecuteManager.createTypeRefVal4JCORec(RFCExecuteManager.java:441) 
at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.rfc.RFCExecuteManager.fillElementsOfTable(RFCExecuteManager.java:607) 
at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.rfc.RFCExecuteManager.createTypeRefVal4JCORec(RFCExecuteManager.java:486) 
at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.rfc.RFCExecuteManager.createTypeRefVal4JCORec(RFCExecuteManager.java:441) 
at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.rfc.RFCExecuteManager.convertJCOFunction2Values(RFCExecuteManager.java:367) 
at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.rfc.RFCExecuteManager.executeRFC(RFCExecuteManager.java:304) 
at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ExecutionManager.executeRFC(ExecutionManager.java:52) 
at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ExternalOperationExecutor.execute(ExternalOperationExecutor.java:82) 
at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ExternalOperationExecutor.execute(ExternalOperationExecutor.java:55) 
at com.sap.caf.rt.bol.da.remote.GenericOperationExecutor.execute(GenericOperationExecutor.java:53) 
at com.esprit.purchase_requisition.modeled.appsrv.materialservice.MaterialServiceBean.getMaterialListBapi(MaterialServiceBean.java:42)

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question