cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem: Field not a member of external service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

using the NWCE 7.1 SP 5 and the corresponding NWDS I have successfully imported an external RFC "/EDC/GET_IT_MAT_WF" into my composite application. For the imported RFC I have created an application service and mapped it to the RFC. Another application service relies on the mapped application service and is exported as a web service which in turn is used by a Visual Composer model. Everything worked fine.

Now, I have added another parameter "SONDER" to the RFC in the R/3. In my composite application I have deleted the previously imported RFC and the mapped application service and created them from scratch.

However, when invoking the newly added mapped application service I get an exception which reads:

Field SONDER not a member of /EDC/GET_IT_MAT_WF.

Firstly, I have checked the RFC and tested it in the R/3 using the ABAP Workbench.

Secondly, I have checked the newly imported external service and the mapped application service. Both do contain the field "SONDER".

Thirdly, I have undeployed the entire composite application, cleaned it in the NWDS, regenerated, rebuilded, and finally redeployed it.

However, the exception still remains.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks and best regards

Alexander

PS: The exception trace looks like this:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (127) JCO_ERROR_FIELD_NOT_FOUND: Field SONDER not a member of /EDC/IT_MAT_WF 
at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$MetaData.indexOf(JCO.java:9662) 
at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$MetaData.isTable(JCO.java:10606) 
at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.rfc.RFCExecuteManager.createTypeRefVal4JCORec(RFCExecuteManager.java:457) 
at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.rfc.RFCExecuteManager.createTypeRefVal4JCORec(RFCExecuteManager.java:441) 
at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.rfc.RFCExecuteManager.fillElementsOfTable(RFCExecuteManager.java:607) 
at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.rfc.RFCExecuteManager.createTypeRefVal4JCORec(RFCExecuteManager.java:486) 
at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.rfc.RFCExecuteManager.createTypeRefVal4JCORec(RFCExecuteManager.java:441) 
at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.rfc.RFCExecuteManager.convertJCOFunction2Values(RFCExecuteManager.java:367) 
at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.rfc.RFCExecuteManager.executeRFC(RFCExecuteManager.java:304) 
at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ExecutionManager.executeRFC(ExecutionManager.java:52) 
at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ExternalOperationExecutor.execute(ExternalOperationExecutor.java:82) 
at com.sap.caf.rt.connectivity.ExternalOperationExecutor.execute(ExternalOperationExecutor.java:55) 
at com.sap.caf.rt.bol.da.remote.GenericOperationExecutor.execute(GenericOperationExecutor.java:53) 
at com.esprit.purchase_requisition.modeled.appsrv.materialservice.MaterialServiceBean.getMaterialListBapi(MaterialServiceBean.java:42)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasar,

thank you very much. That helped. Should have come to my mind on my own.

Hopefully, SAP fixes those caching issues, as the current situation is not acceptable in a production scenario. You just cannot keep on restarting the whole server each time a composite application changes.

Best regards

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

restart your composition environment system and test the application service again. Maybe its a cache issue of CE.

Regards,

Yasar