cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement when a purchase order items are being direct shipped to customer it creates an inspection lot that requires qa personnel to close out.

I identify process to eliminate inspection lots for DS purchase orders - if(EKPO-PSTYP = 5 - item category), then blank the stock type field (EKPO-INSMK) before saving.

I did above programming in one of user exit and created a po. The EKPO table does have a blank insmk entry.

During the creation of MB01 Good Receipts, it creates inspection lot. I do not want to create inspection lot.

Any idea?

What I am missing here. I appreciate your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why do you do a GR for third party orders?

The SAP process just requires an invoice receipt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This creates roughly 100 hours of non-value added work per year.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont understand your answer.

Of course is a goods receipt that is not necessary for a process extra work and costs some hours during a year.

and if a wrong process causes extra inspection lots, that are not necessary, then this creates even more workhours and costs and adds no value to the process

What I want to say is: you do not need a goods receipt, and wihtout a goods receipt you do not get inspection lots.

So nobody needs to spend 100 hours.

Why do you do goods receipts?

Edited by: Jürgen L. on Oct 2, 2008 3:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is only for certain item category. In GR, there are many items which does not fall under the same item category. We need to create a GR and inspection lot for rest of the item category. I hope, you got it.

I appreciate your help.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No I dont get it. Third party orders just have one item category which is S (or 5 in the tables). If you dont do GRs for this kind of PO item categories, then you can still do it for all others.

To be honest, you should try to match the SAP process with the physical process.

You do not physically receive stock that is dirctly delivered to your customer, why do you do then a GR in SAP?