cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to have three prompts with one object?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear collegues,

I am creating a report where I want to see an employees salary in three different periods, f.ex 11.2006, 08.2007 and 09.2007. This is no problem when I set these spesific periods as filters in the query. But how can these three periods be prompted values? So that the user can choose for which three periods he wants to see the salary?

I have used an object Month Year to try. I drag it into the filter area of the query three times, and gives it prompt-functionality and call them Date 1, Date 2, Date 3. When I try to run the query it just tells me "No data".. (BO 6.0)

Is this possible?

Will sign points if you can help!

regards Silje

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaques,

Thank you!

I want to distribute the three dates on three different columns, date 1, date 2, date 3. Is that possible with inList?

If I use OR, do I get all the dates and can distribute them in different columns?

(In this report we follow salary development of employees. The report shows the given salary at three different points of time for an employee).

Regards Silje

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The in list actually allows you enter as many dates as you like.... but since you only want 3 then you would need 3 prompts using the "OR" between them.

Once you have entered the 3 dates in your case, on the report you can then do a comparison by making a cross-tab with the dates as the headers.

Regards

Jacques

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I use "and"...

Silje

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to use the "OR" operator between the dates.

You could even just use 1 date prompt and use the "in list" if you wish..

Hope this helps

Jacques

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Silje,

When you drag the date1, date2, date3 in the filter area are you using the 'and' or 'or' operator to join the three prompts?

Mike