Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC E-Commerce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

we have a requirement in ECC E-commerce

After uploading the product images in ERP E-commerce, can we add additional content ?

are there any issues?

Thanks in advance

Points would be rewarded.

Regards,

Sri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

helmut_back
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

there are two steps:

the first step is to maintain the content.

For that use the document management system (DMS). Use transaction CV01N. With the DMS all kinds of content can be maintained, for E-Commerce images are most important. Additionally PDF-documents like quality data sheets, manuals, etc. are used.

The Document info record can be assigned different objects, but the easiest way is to assign it to the material master. The material master is then assigned to a catalog area or a catalog item in transaction WWM2.

In the second step the enriched contentet needs to be displayed in the web shop, usually in the product detail. For that the link for the pdfs, which is stored in the document info record, is replicated to the trex and stored as an additional attribute.

With this technique as many PDFs as wanted can be published.

Hope that helps.

Helmut

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prashil
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Please specific what additional contents are. Is this only text some HTML or what.

Easiest way to do is to put a hyperlink for the image and get the require resources accessed.

Regards,

Prashil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashil,

Thanks for your response,

Hyperlink is a good solution.

but apart from that if we want to maintain additional content like Brochure or Text.

is it possible in the ECC E-Commerce.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Sri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sri,

i have created a product catalog myself for ECC but i didnt find anything under document managent system to maintain a brochure or for that matter pdf document as such,

but normally for ECC we create a document with some file name ,and then we save those files in the web server (Trex),

i am not sure if similar thing can be followed to keep a brochure,

but certainly i did for images,

and definately texts can be maintained in the product catalog itself.

regards

chandu