Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Pricing condition on batch

Dear all,

I want to manage a pricing with conditions based on material master data and batch.

Do I have the opportunity to do that in SAP?

If yes, can you explain to me the customizing for that,

regards,

Julien

replied

Hi Julien,

Yes thats feasible to do.

The basi cthought is that you will have to create condition tables which have material master parameters in this table. Now the issue is that only those parameters could be used which get copied into sales order tables VBAK, VBAP and others. The same goes for the batch.

Else there are two ways to follow incase where the parameters are not copied into sales orde:

1) in first case you can add z-fields to your sales order which carry these values and they can then be used in sales order

2) In second case you can use user exits to ensure that pricing tables get the required parameters.

I will suggest the first approach, because this way all the parameters used would be avavilable and during analysis of pricing you will be abale to identfiy which parameter brought which price. This process is simple, in the way that SAP provides BADI to add additional fileds and then Standard SAP pricing takesover. Hence both setting up of this functionality and later in maintenance also very little effort is required.

Second approach is not recommended because its not best pracitice to manipulate pricing parameters in the user exits, it leads to more complexities than the original problem it resolves. Also it takes more effort to identfiy which user exit to use so that parameter values is available. And then in maintenance also everytime you will have to into code level to analyse what value is coming.

Hope this helps.

Abhishek

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question