Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a variant in ecatt?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am new to Ecatt scripting. I hav a requirement from the user, that one ecatt is used for two sales org using two variants.

I recorded as per the requirement ( first i created one basic script and called it in a master script ). Now I need to create two variants for the master script for the sales org.

So could any one suggest how to create a variant in ecatt?

Thanks in advance.

Vijayakumar.G

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

After recording parameterize everything whatever you want.

In parameterization table leave the value field as empty, I mean don't give any value.

Select the following in the menu,

Utilities>Test configuration>Create

Now, test configuration name will have the same of the test script name.

Provide the details in the configuration tab. Then in the variants tab select the second radio button "Internal variants".

In the variant table you can see the default variant "ECATTDEFAULT". You can make use of this also. Otherwise you can also create your own variants by clicking "Insert variant" button.

The variables whatever you have created in the test script will be there in the table. Now, Create variant and provide values for each variables.

You can also select the variants which need to be executed.

Now you can run the test configuration. It will be running number of times according to the created number of the variants.

You can also create Test data for your test script and configuration.

Try this, I hope it will help.

Feel free to reward if it helps.

Regards,

Gopi

Edited by: Gopinath K S on Oct 7, 2008 7:37 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow these steps to create variants in Test Data Container.

1.In the eCATT initial screen select the Test Data radio button, enter the name of test data contaner( Eg:ZTEST_DATA) and click on create.

2.You will see the screen "Create Test Data Container:ZTEST_DATA

In the same screen, under Attributes-->General

enter Title(Eg:Test data container for Test Script(Name of your master test script)) and the component(Eg:BC-TWB-TST-ECA)

Then Save.

3.Go to Parameters Tab.

Just copy your Test script parameter under parameter column

Copy the values of your Test script under value column, like that copy all the available columns of test script in the test data container.Save it.

4.Go to Variants Tab.

Here you see the one variant called ECATTDEFAULT.

(Check that Internal Variants radio has to be selected)

Click on Append Variant icon(Next to Refresh button)

you can add as many as variants as per requirement.

and fill these emty rows with the different sets of data.

Your Test data container is ready with the data.

Hope this helps to create the Test data container.

Award points if it helps...

All the best...

Siva

0 Kudos

Hi, Siva,

I have created test data container as you said.

but how can i add this data container into test configuration?

besides this question, i noticed, the variants can be displayed automatically after defining test script and we can upload txt file incl. parameters by clicking Edit-> Variants -> upload.

if so, why we need this test data container?

third question, what is this system data container?

thanks

Kefei

0 Kudos

Hi Kefei,

Please refer to my reply in this thread to find whether you need a test data container or not first:

[|].

Please refer to this link for more information on how to connect your test data container with a test configuration: [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/bc/48333b5f3ad646e10000000a114084/content.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/bc/48333b5f3ad646e10000000a114084/content.htm]

The answer to your third question can be found also via the link above.

Kind Regards, Qian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

As per your requirement ,once you have recorded the script with the sales organization, you will have to parameterize the field sales organization field in the recording and declare the parameterized parameter in the parameter section of the ecatt script .

Now you can run the script by passing different values to the sales organization .

Additionally you can create the test configuration for the script and create multiple variants in the test configuration and pass different values to the fields of variants of test configuration.

Hope it answers your question.

Thanks and Best regards,

Ajay