cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Character Formats in SMARTFORMS ECC6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Has anyone eperienced any problems when trying to select paragraph or character formats in a smartform on SAP ECC6?

I am seeing a problem whereby the Microsoft Word application has been embedded into ther smartform editor so I have all of the standard word formatting options but non of the SAP standard smartforn options like the option to select the Character Format I want.

I have created a STYLE with the relevant paragraph and character formats and assigned this to the form but I have no way of selecting any of these when I am editing a new text element.

If anyone has seen this or can help please get in touch.

Thanks,

Ruby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member589029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ruby,

I am experiencing exactly the same problem. I am on Microsoft Word 2007. I don't know how to solve the problem, however I found I workaround so that I at least can set the formatting correctly in my smartform.

When you click on your object you get the Word Editor in your General Attributes tabstrip. On the left hand side of the tabstrip there is a pushbutton saying 'Editor'. If you hit that you get into the full screen Word Editor. At this point you go to the menu Goto - Change Editor.

This will bring you back to the 'old' SAP line editor. In the first column you can enter the paragraph of your style.

This is not necessarily the easiest way to do it, but it works.

Hope that helps,

Michael

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got the same problem...

Once i create a new paragraph format or character format and active the style and when i use them in smartforms those are not available at that point of time. when you activate the smartform or if you go back and come again into the smartform then those styles are available.

just try this way...

Thanks,

Sree.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ruby,

Goto transaction i18n transaction and deactivate the editor.

Goto smartforms and include the smartsyles in the smartform and display the data as per your requirement.

Regards,

Sravanthi