cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when installing addon: "Uninstaller can't be found"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to build an installer for a addon (with NSIS).

The Install routines run as i expect but when i try to make the call to EndInstallEx("", true), SAP shows up a message saying "Uninstaller for Add-on can't be found" (german: "Uninstaller für Add-on konnte nicht gefunden werden").

When pressing ok, the installer continues and, when finished, SAP says "Installation failed".

Whatever, when I try to re-run the installation, SAP shows "Installation successfully finished" and the addon works...

The question is: Why does SAP miss the uninstaller when nothing is set in the ard-file and where have i to put the uninstaller?

NSIS creates an uninstaller in the installation directory (addons/namespace/addon-name) but the application also complains when I integrate the previously created uninstaller in the ard-file.

What I'm also wondering about: why does SAP say that the installation failed when i call EndInstallEx("", true)? (return value of EndInstallEx is -2 iirc)

TIA

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

wrong forum, see:

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

your question is referring to SDK. Post it to the SDK forum.

Nevertheless, I will explain briefly the solution.

What is the programming language are you using to develop the addon ? it should have the application (exe file) and endinstall file (endinstall.exe file). I am not sure that it will be correct if the installer maker application can provide it but better to use installer that is not provide endistall.

The application file, endinstall file, and so on are used in the installer application list window when we want to make the addon installer.

when creating ard file, you must prepare the addon installer and the application exe file. The addon installer e.g. setup.exe will use either in the endinstall path and install path in the ard generation tool.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm sorry for the wrong location for the thread but there seems to be no function to move it to the other forum...

the programming language I'm using is C# (.NET 2.0).

Regarding the endinstall.exe: i've added a dummy for the file but it never gets executed during installation.

However, the problem seems to be the call of "EndInstallEx" - the installer runs and in the same moment as I call EndInstallEx the error message pops up in sap.

I have to add that the call to the dll is not made from the installer itself - calling dlls in NSIS is a little bit tricky (especially when they are in special folders), so i made an "addoninstallhelper.exe" which is making the call.

but that shouldn't be the reason for the failure, imo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You just need to post a new thread including both posting on SDK forum.

Good luck,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok, I created a new one:

Best regards,

Chris