cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FI postings specific to a return PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

The task is to automatically post the material costs to a different G/L account when material is returned to the vendor either in warranty or out of warranty and obviously a reversal of these postings when the repaired goods are returned. The return process will involve creating a return PO with the item flagged as either free of charge when in warranty and not flagged as free of charge when out of warranty. Using fast entry transaction VL10B to create an outbound delivery to ship the goods back to the vendor which creates a 161 movement in the background. We only use inventory management functionality no WM involved.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By setting Rules (debit/credit) for the transaction key BSX in OBYC you can specify different GL accounts for your material for Debit & Credit.

But when the Vendor sends back the goods the same GL account which was debited at the time of your GR for the first time will be debited n not the Goods reversal (credit) a/c.

Hope its clear.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response, this was the area I have been experimenting with but was unable to seperate this process from any other inventory movements which I do not want to affect from the standard G/L postings. I have tried using a different movement type and assigning the account keys from here with no success either. Because this process could in theory be for any material type I am not able to create a valuation class just for this process which would help me isolate the transactions.

Answers (0)