Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Error while running bulk insert in SSIS package

Hi:

I have an error when I am running bulk insert in SSIS package.

I have implemented an SSIS package to update master data directly from R/3, R/3 gives the file in a specified format, I take this and insert all the records into a temporary table and then update mbr table and process the dimension.

This works perfectly well in our development system where both our app server and sql server on the same box. But in QAS, the 2 servers are separate and when I try to run the SSIS package I get the below error.

We have tested all connections and are able to access the path and file from both app server and sql server using the shared folder. Our basis team says that it is a problem with bulk insert task and nothing to do with any authorization.

Has anyone experienced with this sort of problem in multi server environment? Is there another way to load all data from a file into bespoke table without using bulk insert.

Thanks,

Subramania

Error----

SSIS package "Package.dtsx" starting.

Error: 0xC002F304 at Insert Data Into Staging Table (Account), Bulk Insert Task: An error occurred with the following error message: "Cannot bulk load because the file "
msapbpcapq01\dim\entity.csv" could not be opened. Operating system error code 5(Access is denied.).".

Task failed: Insert Data Into Staging Table (Account)

SSIS package "Package.dtsx" finished: Success.

The program '[2496] Package.dtsx: DTS' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? Ask a question