cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform re-activation after upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

We are doing upgrade from 4.7 to ECC 6.0. I noticed that smartforms in the system are in active status but function module used to call the smartform has not exist yet. What I did was reactivate the smartform so it will generate the function module. My question is, is this the right approach when doing upgrade, activating one by one all custom smartform in our system or there is additional step or tool need to be executed when doing upgrade to ECC 6.0 in order to do mass activation of this smartform? Thank you.

Regards,

Abraham

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Inside ECC for  smartform massive re-activation you can schedule a background job for report RFRECPSFTLGEN.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This fixed my problem. Thanks a lot!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

S0010671436
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, even though I don't need it anymore, it is good to know this information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No need to activate smartform after upgradation, use SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME for calling Smartform.

Regards

Jana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. However, that's already implemented in all of our driver program that call the smartform. The problem is, eventhough the function module name can be retrieved, the function module itself does not exist in the system. This might be related to upgrade procedure that will only kept objects that is not automatically generated.

If you go to SMARTFORMS Tcode and view the function module, the function module name will be displayed but the function module is not exist in SE37. The smartforms itself is in active state. Only when I re-activate the smartform then the function module is generated.

May I know whether the suggestion that you use is based on your experience in SAP technical upgrade to ECC 6.0 or not? Because if the experience that you share is based on SAP technical upgrade experience, we might have some incorrect procedure in upgrade phase that we need to rectified. Thank you.

Regards,

Abraham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can you Migrate Smartform to 4.7 to 6.0,

Please let me know.

Regards

Jana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janar,

Thanks for the response but I don't understand your question.

Like I have mention before, we are not migrating smartform. Instead, we are upgrading our SAP R/3 from 4.7 to ECC 6.0. What happen is after upgrade phase, all custom smartform need to be reactivated to generate function module. The function module name can be retrieved but the function module itself does not exist yet in the system until we did re-activation for the smartform. (I said reactivation because the smartform already in active status). Hope it is clear.

Regards,

Abraham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How you upgrading smartform your SAP R/3 from 4.7 to ECC 6.0. ?

i mean r u downloading in 4.7 to desktop and upload in the 6.0

or

Transporting smartforms into 6.0 from 4.7?

Regards

jana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janar,

Have you done upgrade before? If you have, you must know that upgrade does not equal to install new SAP in new server and move data and object from old server to new server.

In short, we upgrade the system along with all the object and data inside it and make adjustment if required after that using SPDD and SPAU.

Anyone else have done SAP technical upgrade and can share the experience in handling Smartforms after upgrade phase? Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone has any suggestion on my query? Thank you.

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The is no need to re-activate your smartform after upgradation.

Always get the smartform function module name by using standard function. So, this will help not affecting your SF after upgradation.

Regards,

SaiRam