cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI Configuration - Using Set Type for iObject

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have created my own attributes and set type, base hierarchy and category structure. I am able to create products based on my base category in the Web UI and search on them. I have also generated UI configuration for the set type which shows against PRDGENSET/SLSeteOV in the component workbench.

What I am trying to achieve is that when a particular iBase is selected and the user navigates to the Object tab, that the relevant search/create options for the object are specific to the iBase entry chosen.

i.e. I want the Object tab view to dynamically change based on the product/service selected. For example, if a plane is the selected product the Object view will show a question of "hangar stored in" whereas if the product selected is a tree the object view may ask the question "age of the tree".

I hope I've explained that ok - if not please ask me to clarify any points.

I'm not sure if this is the way standard functionality is intended to work, or whether the Object view is static - please also advise on this.

Thanks,

Andrew G.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

I am in a similar situation. I did create attributes, set types for a product category (material type). I am able to see these attributes from IB51/52/53 screens but unable to show up these fields on Web UI .

Did I miss out anything else? Please let me know. I appreciate your help.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

We managed to get the fields to show, but they showed as an assignment block on the iObject Overview screen.

I was trying to get the iObject search screen to display relevant fields but I did not manage to do this successfully. We have decided not to use Products/IObjects in our implementation now, so unfortunately I never fully resolved the issue.

Kind Regards,

Andrew Griffin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andrew, I appreciate your response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problem Vijay.

Please let me know if you ever find the solution to this issue!

All the best, and good luck,

Andrew Griffin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Griffin,

I am trying to display my custom set types as assignment blocks in the Web UI on objects view. I have followed the steps mentioned in the help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm60/helpdata/en/a9/42388d7cb5c24ba5a3701a13aa9ea4/frameset.htm

But I am getting this error:

ZXXX.PRDGENSET/SLSetOVE

An exception has occurred Exception Class CX_BSP_WD_INCORRECT_IMPLEMENT - Define Application Component 'ZXXX'.

Method: CL_BSP_WD_REPOSITORY=>GET_CMP_USAGE_DEF

Source Text Row: 9

ZXXX - set type name.

Please let me know if I am missing anything.

Thanks,

Aditya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am still having this error. I would appreciate some input here.

I am trying to display my custom set types as assignment blocks in the Web UI on objects view. I have followed the steps mentioned in the help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm60/helpdata/en/a9/42388d7cb5c24ba5a3701a13aa9ea4/frameset.htm

Are these steps sufficient or do I need a custom class implementation of GET_ , SET_ methods.

In TCode CRMM_UIU_PROD_GEN, I tried to add my zsettype & 'z' enhancement set to PRDGENSET, but I have an error:

Entry missing in table CRMC_PRIL_COMP for component PRDGENSET

Message no. CRM_UIU_PROD010

But I can see entries in SM34 for my enhancement set and applications PRDIOOV & PRDGENSET.

Please let me know if I am missing anything or I need more development?

Thanks,

Aditya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Did you finally solve the problem?

I work at the same topic and I cannot even display the Settypes on the WebUI. I think there was something wrong within the generation of the report CRM_UIU_PROD_REPOSITORY.

In the SAP help link you posted they say that in the component there should be some new component usages and the name should be acordingly to the name of the settyp, but I can see only the sandard ones within my enhancement set.

May I ask how it looked like in your system?

Regards, Thea